Well I did it. I went out three days in a row. I had a ball every day but I am now officially exhausted.
It was lovely catching up with sister in law. 6 months is too long. Actually, it is more like 7 months since we caught up. We had a lot to talk about and could have kept on going for several more hours. There is always next time.
We always ended our days out with a visit to Koko Black for a chocolate affogato (me) and a chocolate mousse and peppermint tea (her). To our horror it was no longer there and when we tracked it down it was just a chocolate shop - no café. We found another place which was acceptable but we were still disappointed. At least our favourite Papa Rich Malaysian restaurant hadn't gone and we had a delicious lunch.
It has been warm but storms are around so the barometer is up and down. Add to that today was the worst day for pollen levels this season and it hasn't been a comfortable day.
While I was out Himself sanded down my spare board to show me that I can use the finishing sander to get the worst of the roughness out. This will certainly make the job easier. That is on tomorrow's list.
For now, a gin and tonic and an anti-histamine to stop the itching eyes.
I’ve just had to take an antihistamine
ReplyDeleteIt was shocking today. Rest up
We're never happy, are we!
DeleteWhy do these comments go to spam?
DeleteWatery eyes - sniffy snorty nose - common cold - no way. Zyrtec here we come. Plus definitely using my preventative puffer tonight ( yes I’m supposed to use it every night but sometimes I forget)
ReplyDeleteI have forbidden Himself from mowing the grass for the foreseeable future.
DeleteThree social days are my max. For sure. Enjoy some peace and quiet.
ReplyDeleteI usually try to stagger them and even then I struggle. Three in a row was delightful but I am looking forward to solitude.
DeleteA gin and tonic and an antihistamine, you'll be out like a light, or I would be anyway:)
ReplyDeleteThat's nice that you and your sister in law get along so well. Actually, I quite like mine as well, just don't see her very often.
My sister in law and I are very close. I would say like sisters but we don't argue!
DeleteI get worn out fast with social events. And I'm hoping for a hard frost soon to end the hay fever itching eyes and sneezing! I feel for you.
ReplyDeleteAfter all the rain we have had and now the sunshine the grasses have gone berserk.
DeleteThree days in a row is a bit taxing, now relax. Hope your eyes are feeling better, I do not have any allergies to anything in the environment only Amoxicillin it does terrible things to me, wear a bracelet which indicates that.
ReplyDeleteOoh. And Amoxicillin is such a common antibiotic. I don't usually suffer but at the moment it is very bad so even non-sufferers are experiencing itchy eyes and runny noses.
DeleteExtra gin will help with hay fever symptoms. Take internally.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Andrew. I shall print out your prescription and place it on the fridge.
Delete