Thursday, 27 April 2023

A better day - in which I remembered to breathe!

The stylist rocked up at 9.00

I am waiting for a quote from her but I basically agreed with everything she suggested! She will bring in some furniture and fripperies. I have a bucket load of stuff to pack up to create a decluttered look. 

The front porch looks amazing.

The pumpkin patch is negotiable.

We went to Spotlight for bed linen and European pillows. They had a VIP member massive sale just today. The style gods were smiling upon me.

The funds have hit the solicitors' trust account and we have signed all sorts of forms for buying the land and selling this place.

I put a sewing machine cabinet and a dog kennel on marketplace for free and they will be picked up this evening. Himself has some exercise machine thingy that he wanted money for. I put $50 on it. So far no nibbles. I will reduce it to free and see what happens.

The agent has made an appointment for the eager couple to come through on the evening the styling is done; the day before photos and stuff. I think this is part of creating the excitement around the property. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple more "sneak peeks".

This time in a fortnight we will be done. Then we live in a fishbowl until the place is sold. We are considering sleeping in the guest bed so as not to disturb the magnificent creation that will be the master! 

Once you put your house on the market it is no longer your own and I am fine with that. It is a period of transition.

I just hope the transition happens quickly!

20 comments:

  1. "European pillows" eh? Oh yes, you wouldn't want Asian pillows or worse still - Australian pillows! You can't beat a European pillow for a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ugly things that stylists love to make beds look full. I wonder why they are called European?

      Delete
  2. Hey! What's wrong with Australian pillows YP? I sleep just fine on them.
    The fortnight will go superfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first person to see it will buy it. And then your off on your new adventure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish you could post some photos!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not seeing the chaos but you will get to see the finished product, I promise.

      Delete
  5. And remember all you need is one buyer! Then you're off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. For someone who hates change this is very strange behaviour for me!

      Delete
  7. Some big changes in store for you! We did that too, about 7 years ago. Best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All sounds exciting, do you have friends in Lakes Entrance already? are you still close by to your family? It looks and sounds lovely, I think all your readers may come for a holiday...lol....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have a dedicated guest suite!
      I know one person in Lakes but they are a friendly lot so I am sure we will make new friends.

      Delete
  9. Oh good luck with that. I am lucky that we were not living in the last house we sold! I don't think I'd have liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am officially exhausted from seeing how difficult it is to get a home ready for market! For sure we'd sleep/live in the motorhome once our home got fully styled :) I dread the day I need to do all of this but in the meantime it's given me more reason to get rid of more 'stuff'.

    ReplyDelete