Saturday, 1 April 2023

Day 4

The view while having coffee this morning 



Our beach!


The track from our street down the hill. If I was fit, I could walk into town!





Lake Tyers. Somewhere to drive the dogs for a change. About 10 minutes away.


We had lunch at the local pub.


The view from our table.


 We shared a plate of fresh (SO fresh) prawns and then he had whiting salad and I had locally made sausages. Delicious. He asked where they get their seafood. Either from the boats across the road or the local fish co-op where the trawlers sell their catch.

How cool is that?

I walked a lot this morning so am a bit sore. I will have a spa shortly and we will just get fish and chips for dinner. 

Tomorrow we see the builder to get an idea on costs. That will be scary as there are requirements we have to abide by under the terms of the contract ... like installing a water tank for the local Country Fire Authority as well as a rainwater tank for our usage.

Doesn't matter. Himself is fulfilling a long held dream he thought would never happen. I have not seen him this happy in a long time. 

9 comments:

  1. Looks perfect. I will keep my fingers crossed for it all to happen quickly easily and within budget. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as if you've found your place. So glad you're happy with it. And I too hope all goes smoothly..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like you've found your place as Boud said. And a happy husband is worth all the money in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking place, hope it is the one you have dreamed of.
    Nothing better than a happy man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embarking on a new adventure - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The same grey skies were here. I remember a man standing on a roof (pub?) at Lake Tyers a few years ago to get a signal for his phone .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely views. If you walk into town you will soon get fit and eventually be able to walk both ways. Said by one whose bum is glued to her chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great you had fresh local fish. I was hiking at Mallacoota and went to the local pub for dinner. I could see fishing boats from the window so was rather excited about dinner. I asked where the fish was from......frozen flake from Melbourne WTF!! Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete