Wednesday, 5 April 2023

More house stuff - this will be a common theme - you have been warned

We signed the contract for the land today. We hadn't read it but our solicitor went through it with us and will send us a copy. She was happy for us to sign as it appears Himself knows stuff! He has been on all the govt sites and looked at all the overlays and conditions and stuff. Nothing that we didn't already know.

We then went to the other side of town to actually see the design we have chosen. We love it Phew. That could have been awkward. The house we looked at is 33 squares and ours is 28 but I actually prefer our layout and the main living area is larger in ours. 

Bunnings for paint. Easter is likely to be cold and wet so a good time to paint the interior. The exterior will only take a day or two.

We checked another carpet company. Prices are much the same so we will probably go with the ones coming to quote on Tuesday.

Himself and I had a very deep and emotional conversation last night. Red wine was involved. It wasn't pretty but it needed to happen and we understand where we both stand on this whole thing. Now we can look forward to the exciting future having cleared the air. 

He agrees that I am the stylist and when I talk all he needs to say is "yes dear" unless I specifically ask for input. Ditto the other way with the boring shit!

Life is looking bloody good.

 

10 comments:

  1. All sounds very exciting!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all know what your areas of expertise are and now demarcation lines have been drawn.
    It should be smooth sailing from now on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take it you are willing to live or die by your words😊. We look forward to a blow by blow description - no scrabble dictionary will be needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be a fly on the wall for your D & M.
    The repainting is to improve your house for sale? Ask some objective eyes if it is really necessary. As you would know when buying an existing house, you dream of how you can make it better, including paint colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you two got things sorted to smooth the way forward. Very sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're certainly prepared in all ways. Yes, I expect houses, selling and building, will be the theme for a while. I'll enjoy it vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting times. Love the, yes dear. Sounds as though you've got it together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stalker
    Why do what most do these days, get the estate agent to bring in a stylist to dress the house. They put your furniture into storage, put in neutral modern furniture to showcase the potential of the house and often recommend a gardener to tidy up the garden. They also might put mats in to cover up blemished carpet. It costs but it also gives the house more potential. Most houses in our area are “dressed” and seem to sell very quickly at good prices
    Saves you a lot of effort as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE choosing paint. I do make mistakes though and walls in the past have been more "oh my goodness" than "that's lovely".

    ReplyDelete
  10. "The boring shit" -- LOL! It's good to have clearly defined responsibilities. :)

    ReplyDelete