The spare bedrooms have been painted and the curtains rehung and YAY! it works. One less expense. While we were looking for extra curtain hanging thingies we found 6 curtains that we had bought for our bedroom and then changed our mind. They will go in the front room which just leaves the study which will be easy.
My back wasn't happy with the bending I did yesterday when I was painting so I have sorted through more craft stuff. I have two boxes of yarn to show to friends who have first pickings. Then I will put the remainder on a destash site. Amy is taking a large box of fabric and some overlocker threads, elastic, zips and other miscellaneous haberdashery. She doesn't know it yet but Three said she would!
I found a whole lot of quilting batting from a previous obsession that I am hoping will find a home. Seeing as the fabrics, batting and a whole lot of patterns for quilts and clothes haven't been touched since we moved here in 2017 I don't think I will cart them down to Lakes.
Tomorrow the carpet dude is coming to measure up. Himself has cardiac rehab in the afternoon and we have Sally. I might make a trip to Vinnies to drop off the bags of clothes and yarn I have winnowed (to use Boud's expression).
Now that there is a chance we might not have to sell straight away Himself suggested we hold off getting the carpet laid. I told him that I want the house market ready by the middle of May. That way, even if we do plan to hold off, if the agent gets an interested buyer who is willing to pay a good price with a suitable settlement we can sell off market.
Pie, peas and onion rings for dinner. Neither of us feel like cooking so something to pop in the oven ticks the boxes.
Your going great guns. So much is getting done.
ReplyDeleteI’m exhausted just reading this
My house looks like a tornado has been through it!
Delete"Moving house is stressful enough when you are a spring chicken but more so when you are an old nag" - Confucius
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wise words, Mr Pudding. Like I needed reminding!!!
DeleteA pie for dinner is not a bad thing. I note YP is being at his kindest.
ReplyDeleteThe pie was good. YP was diplomatic.
DeleteYou're really on a roll now.
ReplyDeleteI feel as if I am hurtling out of control!
DeleteWinnowing is a good word, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteIt has a certain elegance.
DeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteThat about sums it up!
Delete6 curtains for the bedroom? How big is the window? I've had huge windows in previous places and much prefer smaller ones that don't let in so much heat or cold. I agree with getting the carpet so the place is ready for sale.
ReplyDelete