Thursday, 20 April 2023

Slowly getting there


Today Himself painted the hallway. 

He then went and organised this ...




So I can deal with this ...

 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

A lot will go to the tip. Even more is going to the op shop.

We will store most of our incidental furniture to make the place look as spacious as possible.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with J. I am really looking forward to the break!

17 comments:

  1. Seems Himself has done his bit and yours is to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing my bit in the background. Sorting through cupboards that haven't been touched since we moved here!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the blue door! lolol
    Lots to do!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I could get away with a door that colour in the new place?

      Delete
  3. Well, it will be nice to get things organized. Is that a dog lying in the doorway in the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is Murphy and Jinx was to the right of me as I was taking the photo. They like to keep an eye (and a bark) on what is going on outside.

      Delete
  4. Doesn't all this make you wonder why you kept so many things in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I thought I had got rid of so much when we moved in '17. But I have changed hobbies so there is that.

      Delete
  5. A lot of work ahead of you, take it slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stalker
    Our house has now been completely renovated over last twelve months, finished yesterday
    and during the process the op shops got enough to keep them stocked for a couple of years. We gave our surplus furniture in perfectly great condition to young relies and some of the tradies who had fishing shacks
    At the op shops after the first visit, we had red carpet treatment🤣 only because over the years gifts we hated and were useless to us but could not be thrown away could at last could go. Why for instance do you need an electric can opener or electric knife? They were still in their boxes
    You will feel cleansed ….some might say Sparks, the closest thing to a religious experience !
    You must be so excited about new beginnings by the lake/ sea .
    Hallelujah and praise be to op shops. Happy cleansing days Sister Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to be able to say it's finished.
      People keep giving me mugs with sayings on them. I am not a mug with sayings on them person. The op shop will be getting a lot of witty, craft saying mugs. "All I need is coffee and craft". I don't drink coffee at home and I hate mugs with thick rims. And worst of all they have to be handwashed.
      I will await the religious experience with interest. We could start a new one!

      Delete
  7. A great idea! I bet the right person will walk straight in and buy your place on the spot.
    Then onto phase two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The all important storage shed! I hope it is big enough. I have a ton of stuff in a shed (laughingly called a garage by housing) because it doesn't fit in the flat and I still need a lot of it seasonally. I get down there a couple of times a years swapping winter things for summer things and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete