Wednesday, 7 June 2023

A huge day

We were up at 6.15 and on the road an hour later. Two hours to Traralgon and a full day doing colours and taps and bricks and gutters and power points and shower screens and TV points and drawers and pantry inserts and cooktops and and and ....

My head is spinning. I hope I still love everything when we move into the place!

Today we went crazy and said yes to everything. We will get the estimates in the next few days and then we put our sensible hats on and cull some things. This way we don't get to say "should we have ..."

For your viewing pleasure I give you snapshots of The Mermaid and my mini getaway. 

In no particular order ...


The seafood lunch

The view whilst consuming the seafood lunch


Two light beers at the Kalimna pub
 


Cheers!

The beach on Monday morning. It was a tad chilly.

What is it with Lakes and crabs?


Views from the Sunday market


Coffee and poffertjes


I bought a walking stick. It is a bloody good walking stick.



My brain is full and my heart isn't far behind.

14 comments:

  1. A full and satisfying day, by the sound of it. Do you need the walking stick? Is it helpful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a dodgy back and bursitis in my hip. I really needed that stick when I bought it.

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic. Yes wha is it with lakes and crabs lol
    You know. People have done that to make them have the notice up. Scary isn’t it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The signs are posted in another language as well which suggests a certain type of tourist catches and cooks crabs.

      Delete
  3. What a joy to be surrounded by water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can hear the waves at night. It is bliss.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a beautiful place! The warning not to cook crabs in the room is pretty funny. It reminds me of a bar I used to go to in Tampa, not far from the bay. There was a sign on the fridge that said, "NO FISH IN FREEZER."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a glorious place Steve. You and Dave should come down under. We have lots to show you.

      Delete
  5. What a great post! Full of good things. Especially that food..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freshest seafood ever. Straight off the trawlers.

      Delete
  6. I love that walking stick. The beach view is lovely too, I could look at that all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what "doing colours" means but I have an image of yourself and Himself pouring pots of paint into a big tub and mixing them up with a big wooden spoon. Perhaps "doing colours" is an Australian term for taking tabs of L.S.D..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We chose the colours for our new house but your suggestion could be more fun.

      Delete