Saturday, 17 June 2023

A late one from me tonight.

Himself was up early and took the dogs for a walk. I had a sneaking suspicion he was going to try to do it all in one day and I was right but after checking out the block (finding survey pegs and discussing fencing with a neighbour) he realised he was a bit weary and made the decision to stay down there.

Apparently the rental is quite cold. I am hoping we can work out how to fix that with running the aircon efficiently. Mind you, he is used to an overheated house, a hotwater bottle, a hot wife and two dogs when he goes to bed. I am sitting here in tracky daks and a tshirt and no heating on. It is a little chilly.

I got stuck into my part of the wardrobe and the ensuite - all packed up apart from what I will need for the next few days. I have sort of reached another stage of not really being able to do too much right now. 

Three and his lot dropped in. I had one chocolate biscuit left in the biccie barrel and Alice knew where the barrel was. Three broke it in half so Alice and Sally could share. Alice was distraught. She did NOT want a broken biscuit. She shoved her half in her face and reached out to the now empty barrel. I can see some baking happening very quickly after we move in. If I can remember where the recipe books and baking trays are! I hope Sally enjoys her time down there with us. She has realised that we are moving a long way away (Granny I have been bawling my eyes out) but I think she will appreciate some Sally alone time. Alice is no longer a cute baby but is becoming a bit of a sibling rival (she is still cute as a button tho).

It is now after 9.00pm. The rain is pouring down and I am going to toddle off to bed (without a hotwater bottle but with two dogs) and listen to the rain on the roof. One of my favourite sounds.

8 more sleeps.

16 comments:

  1. I love it when I have to google some of your phrases. "Tracky daks" for instance. Now I know!
    It's like you're waiting for Christmas as a child. "Soon honey, soon."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to check that one. I'm learning a few handy phrases! You'll be so happy to be in your new place, doing your weaving and baking and all the things you had to put on hold for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to it, Liz. My looms and yarn are already down there.

      Delete
  3. Oh, rain on the roof sounds wonderful. Wish I was hearing it here!

    It's the nature of siblings to fight and quarrel -- all part of growing up, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, too many of your comments have gone to spam. Sorry for appearing to ignore you.
      Agree, they are like puppies in a litter snarling and snapping in play.

      Delete
  4. You might not get as many visits but they’ll be special
    As they grow they will spend more time with you and that will be nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to have proper visits rather then drop ins. Although drop ins are nice. I will also be able to come up and surprise Sally at school pick up and drop in for a coffee!

      Delete
  5. Good overnight rain and a sunny but cold start to Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thecontemplativecat here. Almost sounds like you are living rough! I also like your vernacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about rough but it's certainly chaotic.

      Delete
  7. A t-shirt and no heating? You're a lot tougher than I am. I'm wearing three layers and shivering enough to just now turn on the heating at almost 4pm. I was trying to hold out until 4 but couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself came home and turned the heating on. It was 13*C inside the house. Wuss.

      Delete
  8. And now the wind has begun howling outside.

    ReplyDelete