Wednesday, 14 June 2023

Free

2 large german shepherds and two bloody cats.

Himself arrived home somewhat knackered after a long drive with an empty truck that bounced all over the road. At least he got home safely. (Something to do with being a new truck and the suspension not properly bedded in - whatever).

A dog walked past the front of the house.

Jinx went ballistic and ran at the window and Murphy decided to join in. The cat that was sitting near the window jumped up and knocked over a table that fell onto the blind thus breaking a slat which cannot be repaired (we tried).

Our local spotlight doesn't have any in stock.

Another store has one and I have booked it for click and collect tomorrow.

I hope they have it in stock as Himself will be getting it (I am seeing the eye surgeon at 0900) and if it isn't there he just might hit the roof. 

We are all a tad stressed at the moment.

Not least the animals.

I wish I had taken a photo of Jinx hiding under the desk. 

At least the damn thing was 50% off but still $150 I'd rather not have to have forked out.

We have been invited to the neighbours up the road for dinner. Hopefully that will put SOMEONE in a slightly better frame of mind (and I am not talking about me)

Time for a gin while I put a face on. 

10 more sleeps.


20 comments:

  1. If I had property and $$$ I'd take the animals. Shame about that blind and I do hope the new one is available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on order and the animals have been forgiven.

      Delete
  2. Your property is sold. Why are you bothering so much about how it looks now? If the buyer noticed the blind in the final inspection, fair enough perhaps to ask for it to be replaced. You sold the place as it was on the day of sale.
    A passing dog resulting in chaos and damage does sound rather funny to watch happen.
    I hope the dinner was successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It leaves a bloody great hole in the front room. We have to replace it! If it was a small chip in one of the other rooms, maybe not and they are coming for final inspection the day after I have moved so I really want it sorted.
      Dinner was fine and the dogs cause chaos too often to mention but not always resulting in damage.

      Delete
  3. I applaud you replacing the blind...right thing to do.
    Hope you relaxed and enjoyed yourself at dinner!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to get out and talk to other human beings!

      Delete
  4. Please don't drive yourself crazy before you can move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not me - it's everyone else driving me crazy!

      Delete
  5. I can feel the tension in this post. Ten sleeps to go. Boy oh boy, hope the gin and a dinner someone else is making and cleaning up after helps you get through the another day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are certainly getting to the pointy end. Lists always help.

      Delete
  6. Bloody hell. You're right, the animals are stressed too. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect a couple of weeks of settling in but they should be fine once we've moved. If they live that long!

      Delete
  7. $150? What for? Jinx, the desk or the replacement slat? I am getting confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That didn't read terribly well but you should have been in my brain at the time! The blind was $150. Jinx is priceless. The desk is worthless.

      Delete
  8. Why are blinds so bloody expensive?! Sorry for the minor calamity. You'll feel better when you're finally out of there and in your new abode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Steve. They are mass produced in China probably but they are "on trend" so there you go.

      Delete
  9. Keep checking off the days. It will all be in place soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I can say "the last ... in this house"

      Delete
  10. Oh my. Well these things happen I guess. Nothing to be done. At least your on it and I’m sure it will all be ok in the end
    Yes gin helps Stay calm and breathe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give us 6 weeks and we will be looking back on the past 3 months and laughing. I hope.

      Delete