Monday, 5 June 2023

Home

It was a great wee trip.

We visited the block a few times. Still love it.

We had an amazing seafood platter at Metung pub yesterday lunch and awesome fish and chips on Saturday evening.

We did the market yesterday morning - not as busy as last time but still great. All lovely people.

We picked up the keys to the rental and did the inspection report. Only a couple of things to mention - nothing major. The house is fantastic. Just what we need and the rooms are huge. The garden is perfect for the dogs.

My eye has got better every day. I had to go and buy some cheap reading specs as the multi focal lens wasn't cutting it. The drops aren't a hassle at all. There is a technique and once you have it, it's easy. It only hurts if I rub it which I have learned not to do!

All in all a really great couple of days away and The Mermaid can't wait to come back down!

15 comments:

  1. The drops aren't a hassle? well, I'll wait and see but I still think I will need help with them. I'm glad the rental house is so suitable since you will be there several months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go and buy some saline drops and practice. It's not hard

      Delete
  2. Drops are easy...I pull my bottom lid out, pop the drop in then I'm good to go! I can't stand dropping them directly onto my eye.
    Glad you're happy with the house!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nurse in hospital did something where she seemed to drop into the crease in the corner of my eye and they trickled in.

      Delete
    2. I can do the corner of the eye style but most still runs down my cheek. I'll have to try harder. I thought they had to go into the centre of the eye, in the pupil?

      Delete
    3. No, River. They just go into the eye and swoosh around as you blink. So anywhere in the eye is fine.

      Delete
  3. The Meetung pub is great, especially if you arrive by boat.Was stewed pelican on the menu?

    Maybe you will fall in love with your rental and make an offer?

    I don't know how to administer eyedrops but my old mother does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew. Pelican!
      The Mermaid has already said she would buy it!

      Delete
  4. It wasn't the actual application that was the hassle with the drops, it was the timing and different timespans for each one. I had to make a chart for each eye, especially when the tapering off for the first eye overlapped with the startup for the second. Very glad to be done with them, but they were not hard to administer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four times a day but not strictly 6 hourly. 5 minutes apart. I had to pull over yesterday to do them but they are not a problem. Only another week to go on this eye!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you're moving right along with your new life, new sight. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are the odd hiccup but all told, it's all good.

      Delete
  6. Great news on the eye. And even better news on you still being really happy. Can’t wait to see the progress posts on the house being built

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dog-friendly garden is all-important!

    ReplyDelete