Tuesday, 13 June 2023

It's started


We hired a truck (Three has contacts with Budget through his work).

It is a bloody huge truck but you can drive it on a car licence.

Himself loaded it up ... well only about half full but the smaller truck was way too small ... and chuffed off down to Kalimna. He made really good time considering he was driving an unfamiliar large vehicle and got it all unloaded in daylight.



In typical Himself style he as already made friends with neighbours! One neighbour is a carpet cleaner (handy) and one is a cop (potentially also handy!). 

My bike was duly delivered to One's place. I went to pick it up but it was too big and heavy for my car so he dropped it over after work. I am itching to unpack it but Himself (sensibly) suggests we leave it as is in its box so the removalists can transport it easily and safely  Something to look forward to.

When I went over to One's I was greeted by miss Ivy who asked me to play with her. We needed to make potions and spells with pink feathers. What self respecting granny could refuse. We got the spell book out but apparently my spells aren't good enough. She obviously has the knack ...


I have packed up part of the pantry. Stuff that I could probably leave behind but if I decide I don't need them once we've moved I can donate to a food pantry.

I am a bit jealous of Himself being down there but I can neither drive a truck nor pack and unpack it. He nearly lost the mattress as it rolled down the steep driveway but the cop neighbour came to his rescue. 

Not even moved in but feeling the love.

12 more sleeps

18 comments:

  1. Almost there!! Himself is very handy to have around. All the best, for the rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as he doesn't overdo things and then he is useless!

      Delete
  2. Come the end of December you’ll be wondering what excitement the next year will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Cathy. No more excitement for a long time!

      Delete
  3. Himself appears to have remembered his everlasting string of red liquorice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just about to be thrown down in frustration as it was tangled.

      Delete
  4. Himself did rather well, but I am sure you expected nothing less. I guess he stayed over for the night.
    It's gonna be quite a while then before bike riding.
    Everything packed up, including the pantry, so I guess no home cooking until you move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still a bit left but we tend to shop as we need and Coles is just up the road.
      I could be riding my bike in a fortnight

      Delete
  5. So happy for you that it has finally begun! Sorry about the bike...but you'll get there!
    Precious granddaughter!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweetheart.
      I am happy to wait to assemble the bike. Probably wisest.

      Delete
  6. He's really a handy guy to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you’re doing it in stages. Much less stress.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mainly to have a bed to sleep in and a chair to sit on when I go down before the removalists. It was that or put the animals in kennels which would NOT go down well!

      Delete
  8. To me it does indeed look as if you and Himself are casting spells for a new life adventure. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice image, Mary. I shall ask Ivy to add her magic to them as well.

      Delete
  9. Living an exciting life vicariously through your daily blogs! You and Himself are very brave to take on such a challenging move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a couple that don't cope well with change we do have a history of acting on impulse but we have never regretted it.

      Delete