Monday, 19 June 2023

Nipples

Can someone explain why it is perfectly acceptable for a bloke to walk around in clothing that shows his nipples but women have to hide theirs. It's as if we are some sort of Barbie doll with moulded plastic anatomy. The number of ads for things to shove in underwear or stick on your body to hide something perfectly normal and natural infuriates me. 

And yes, that was a rhetorical question because we all know that women are purely sex objects and god forbid we show any part of ourselves that could give a bloke an idea that we are easy pickings.

Anyway.

On the home front. 

Today I redirected our mail, changed address on a couple of subscriptions and changed my address on my driver's licence.

I finished emptying the ensuite. Himself had so much stuff that all bar his shaver, hair clippers and two medications went in the bin. He had stuff that had expired years ago. He had attachments for hair clippers he got rid of years ago. And he had the audacity to say I had a lot of stuff in my drawers. At least my stuff is in date and used on a semi frequent basis (some will be binned before we leave).

When I was at the shops I wrote a card to the aunt and posted a pair socks I had knitted for her. I also popped into the local hairdresser as I caught sight of myself and I did not like what I saw. It was an interesting hair cut and even if we weren't moving I wouldn't go back there but my hair is out of my eyes and it gives me a few weeks grace to find a place in Lakes. Himself hasn't noticed. I am waiting to see how long it takes!

Tomorrow is my last day to do anything that involves heavy work or bending. 

I still worry that Himself won't get everything done in time and will have to come back after the removalists to finish things off. If he listened to she who knows best this wouldn't happen but I prefer peace.

6 more sleeps.

16 comments:

  1. Stalker
    Who cares about what you show and don’t show…as long as you have clean undies and good quality shoes then all is well. At my age anything goes. Just bought long t shirts so I can nip out to the rubbish bin on collection days to deposit freshly collected dog 💩 I will either give a passer by a thrill or apoplexy
    Care factor zero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Stalk. It is young women who are already struggling with their self image I worry about.

      Delete
  2. I think it's because male nipples are useless. I will not make the next logical comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is marvellous that I can see male nipples on the beach and at times on the street. Male and female nipples are not so different. Male nipples can deliver milk. Why are female nipples so sacrosanct and I feel the need to stare at a ceiling when women are breastfeeding in public?

    Yep, anything for peace. Keep your mouth shut and later mentally tell yourself, I told you so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a muscly older bloke at the gym yesterday…..older blokes with nipples wearing a singlet best seen on a taut young man’s body are disgusting . Like older women’s sagging days, they were sagging . Muscles don’t do much for old nipples .

      Delete
    2. You are lucky that you can observe and enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Boud's comment reminded me of the old saying, "He's useless as tits on a boar hog."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourites - here it is tits on a bull.

      Delete
  5. This is why moving is so great -- it forces you to clear things out and lighten the load of "stuff."

    I don't get the nipple thing either. I've never understood why women can't be topless if they want to, and are frowned upon (by some) for breastfeeding in public. It's ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. double standards and sexualisation of things that shouldn't be.

      Delete
    2. It might have more to do with the dangling, jiggling, wobbling and even flapping if the woman is running, imagine the distraction to men everywhere who would then crash their cars, walk into walls and so on.

      Delete
  6. The nipple thing is governed by men, it's OK for me but, not YOU. I got a hair cut a couple of weeks ago the comment I received, "You have still got some hair then". I give up trying to please men.
    I will also be having a good clear out soon, in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was originally driven by men but women are the worst at criticising other women these days. It saddens me. I hope you the clear out isn't too uncomfortable!

      Delete
  7. I'd rather keep my body covered anyway, I'm not a fan of running about nude even at home alone. I like clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with clothes on the things are often still visible!

      Delete