I caught up with J today for coffee and a bite.
Before that I went to the woo woo shop to buy some smudging sage for Three to use in their new house. I have raised a healthy atheist but he does take on board a lot of what some might call alternative. I have no issue with this. He researches stuff and it does no harm. And by jiminy that family needs a break and if this helps then I am all for it.
I walked past a hairdresser with the intention of getting a tidy up but I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry if I sound judgemental but I like the people doing my hair to look as if they care about their own. I know that a hairdresser with a really good cut has been cut by someone else but when everyone in the salon looks like they could do with a good shampoo and cut it puts me off. I will wait until I get to Lakes.
I went to Big W and bought a bike helmet and some gloves. Yesterday I bought some sheets from Spotlight on line and one set was unavailable. I wish they would give you the opportunity to pick another before crediting you back. I bought a set at Big W and then realised we don't have a single bed doona so bought a furry blanket. Hopefully that will keep Sally warm. I'll get some proper bedding when we move.
When I got home I emptied the two spare bedrooms and the bathroom. It didn't involve much but it's three rooms I can tick off.
Himself has decided to do another Kalimna run. I think he just wants to have decent fish and chips! We have loaded his car up with a lot of loose stuff - mainly my looms and bits and pieces. The idea is that the removalists will have just furniture and boxed stuff. He was going to do it in a day but I put my foot down. He can leave late morning and head back early on Sunday and will be home around lunchtime. I will spend the time packing up as much of the wardrobe and ensuite as I can.
I have four days left to finish the packing.
9 more sleeps ...
You make a good point about hairdressers but my barber - Danny - is completely bald so what should I make of that?
ReplyDeleteI am sure he is clean!
DeleteThe lady who cuts our family's hair has beautiful hair herself. Plus she's the nicest person you could imagine.
ReplyDeleteI need to find someone like that.
DeleteYou are the customer. If you don't like what you see, move on. My manicurist doesn't wear nail polish which rather disappoints me. But her nails always look perfect, just not showy.
ReplyDeleteI just conjured up a mental image of you on the back of an open bed truck with furniture stacked around you as you head to Lakes Entrance, rather like the Clampetts.
I used to be a nail technician in a past life. We don't wear nail polish as it comes off when we take the nail polish off our clients.
DeleteI like the idea of the flat bed truck. I could have a dog on either side of me!
Now I want to watch The Beverly Hillbillies, the one show I don't own copies of!
DeleteGo to one where the boys run the show…..great cutters great personalities and all the women are in love with them , despite them being already attached and now married to their male partners My ma in law at the age of 87 had had the same hairdresser for many years ….. she is his marital advisor but she can’t find the right guy for him. It’s a beautiful relationship
ReplyDeleteNot sure I'll find one in Lakes. But I do know what you mean. Back in the day I had some brilliant male hairdressers
DeleteAbove post from Stalker
ReplyDeleteI figured!
DeleteWow. Super organised.
ReplyDeleteI agree. If the hairdresser doesn’t care about their own hair. I’m not letting them near mine
Hopefully I will find a good one in Lakes. If not there is always Bairnsdale
DeleteFour days left to finish packing. Will it get done or will the last day be "what is this? never mind toss it in a box and we'll sort it at the other end."
ReplyDeleteRiv, I have already reached that point!
DeleteI haven't had (or needed) a professional haircut in decades but I can see why you might question an unkempt-looking stylist! I agree about the sage (which I think is different from our garden sage, BTW). I don't particularly see the value in it, but if someone wants to do it, why not? No harm done.
ReplyDelete