Friday, 23 June 2023

So close

Himself is 99% finished in the garage. He just needs to move some bits around - whatever that means. He also needs to go through his wardrobe and toss or pack. 

I need to finally pack up the kitchen and laundry which won't take long. Today I finished emptying his desk and shredding documents. I caught up with J and C for brunch and then picked Sally up and took her shopping for treats. She is very excited about all the things we can do when she stays with us at Lakes. I asked the Lakes facebook page for ideas and I have been given heaps.

Three no longer needs Himself's help tomorrow. Their new place needs a really good, thorough clean (and the sage smudging) so they will focus on that tomorrow. That means we can get this place as ready as we can before we head down on Sunday.

My eye is turning some pretty colours! The hard protective patch helped I think. I am amazed at the recovery this time. No pain in the eye at all which is a bit concerning as I am not reminded if I accidentally rub it unlike last time. My left eye is still blurry. Hopefully this will start to rectify soon. 

For some reason I am weary. 

2 more sleeps.

12 comments:

  1. Constant thinking and planning and ticking things off will certainly exhaust your mind, so even if you don't actually feel tired, sleep will help.
    Your eye surgery recovery seems to be happening as thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what will occupy my mind once we move? It feels as if I have thought of nothing else for ever!

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed you're able to do alk this while still in recovery from the surgery. It's a common surgery but it's still tiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly wasn't in the original plan but I am glad I had it done.

      Delete
  3. Only two more! The clock is ticking down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "For some reason I am weary."
    I would be shocked if you weren't absolutely exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to sitting in a cafe with a cup of coffee and thinking about what to buy for dinner. And nothing else!

      Delete
  5. You should be weary with all the work you are doing. I was surprised to read your left eye is still blurry. Have it checked. Both of mine were fine the following day after surgery. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The macula is swollen. I am on drops for it.

      Delete
  6. Stressful events are exhausting which is probably why you feel so tired. Just try to put your feet up during the day (see my blog about napping).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once tomorrow is done and dusted I will be able to nap to my heart's content (unless I am babysitting or driving back to Melbourne for something!)

      Delete
  7. I feel weary every time I read how much you have done! You'll have plenty of time to rest once you unpack in the new place.

    ReplyDelete