The anaesthetist and surgeon both mentioned that I would have a bit of a shiner!!
I slept just about all day yesterday, had dinner and went back to bed. I woke this morning feeling great.
I had my follow up with the surgeon this morning and while I was getting my vision checked I mentioned to the orthoptist that I felt I had a smudge in my central vision in the eye that was done three weeks ago. It turns out I have developed macula oedema which is not uncommon after cataract surgery. So now I am putting drops in both eyes 4 times a day for 4 weeks. Oh joy! But on the upside I can see out of both eyes. I only need reading glasses for very close work or dull lighting. I am typing this without glasses. The first time ever!
Today I cleaned the oven (turned it on to self cleaning mode!), cleaned the kitchen drawers and started to empty Himself's desk. I am feeling a bit more confident that this will all get done and dusted by next week.
Three and his lot got the keys to their new house today. We were there when they went through it. The owners had left a box of chocolates and bottle of bubbly on the bench with a note saying they hope Three and his family enjoy their home. Not bad for a landlord, eh? Amy kept saying that her new landlord and property manager are unicorns! I guess that's a good thing. We also met a neighbour who seems very nice. A bit wary which is understandable considering the previous tenants but of a similar age so hopefully they will make friends which was a bit difficult in the old place for a variety of reasons.
Tomorrow I will finish the kitchen and empty the laundry.
Three more sleeps.

Sorry about the shiner but if you can see, it was worth it.
ReplyDeleteGlad Three and the family got to move in their new place! Nice landlord.
Keep up the great healing!
hugs
Donna
Things are looking up all round.
DeleteMacula oedema? Off to google....
ReplyDeleteIt is basically swelling at the back of the eye.
DeleteDo they prescribe specific eyedrops for after the surgery? Not just stuff you get from the supermarket?
ReplyDeleteIsn't it bloody marvellous to see so well. I wore glasses since I was 13. Now only reading glasses.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your new world
And everything is so bright!
DeleteSeeing without glasses is great isn't it? I had a tiny leak in the first eye which resulted in an extra lot of drops, too. But it didn't amount to much and overall I was as happy as you. Do observe the precautions about bending and lifting though. My doctors were very insistent about that. It's so good to have it done, isn't it!
ReplyDeleteI am not lifting anything heavy. I am allowed to bend briefly (feed the cats) but not for long (scrubbing floors). As for the strenuous exercise restrictions ... I just laughed.
DeleteThat's a nice thing for landlords to do and I think would be rare. I guess being described as a unicorn is good.
ReplyDeleteRather good to not have to bother with glasses.
I wonder how well the oven self cleaning mode works.?
After the shitty landlords/agents they have had this combination almost seems too good to be true.
DeleteIf you ever get the chance to install a pyrolytic oven, they are a life changer. You literally just wipe out the dust at the end. I should have done a before and after but you will have to wait until the new house is built now.
Wow -- chocolates and champagne?! Sounds like a pretty great landlord!
ReplyDeleteI think they are as hopefully for better tenants and the kids are for a better landlord!
DeleteAnd will you be leaving chocolates and champagne for the new owners of your house?
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear the good news about your eyes. Terrific!
The real estate agent does that.
DeleteOhhh it looks painful. Hopefully it goes away quickly or you might get a reputation at your new home lol
ReplyDeleteIt's even more spectacular today after sleeping with the hard patch on!
Delete