Monday, 27 July 2009

two more sleeps

One more day of work.

I really should be packing! I don't feel 100% (more like 72% at the moment) with a sore throat, sinusy headache and the blahs. But I don't have a fever so I don't have swine flu. I think my concerns (I would HATE to take it FNQ and spread it around my aunt and her neighbours) are making me a bit supersensitive to any symptom. And the fact the Himself has been so unwell over the past week is a worry. He's on the mend now and I think a lot of his illness is exacerbated by stress.

So ... mind over matter - again. Once I'm up there I can walk on the beach, lie in the sun, snooze on the patio .... I'm feeling better already! And if it does turn into a cold, well, I'll walk on the beach, lie in the sun and snooze on the patio!! And I won't sneeze on people and I'll wash my hands frequently.

A busy day at work. And my favourite colleague expressed similar feelings to those I had a month or so ago. She is talking about leaving but I really hope she doesn't. She told me to address my issues with my boss so I reminded her of that.

Last evening we had One, Ebs and Two round for dinner. Three was out drinking and GGF was unwell. It was a great night. Himself cooked an awesome lamb roast (although I think the butcher should take most of the credit!).

I'm waffling. I'm procrastinating. I don't want to pack and I don't know why. Maybe I need the urgency of packing the night before. Mind you, everything is piled in or on my suitcase (new and bright pink!) so it will only take me an hour or so to get everything neatly put away.

Tomorrow ......

2 comments:

  1. I always put off packing until the very last possible hour. In my case it's because I'm ambivalent about leaving home.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Convergence Quilts are not hard at all... They follow the Ricky Timms method... it's a bit hard to tell you how to do them on the blog though!
    I will try and get the info and email it to you.

    ReplyDelete