I'm back.
We got home around midnight last night.
The first week and a half were very challenging being with The Aunt and I didn't relax or really enjoy myself at all. It got worse when Himself arrived. Fortunately he was only there for 3 full days but never ever again. More on that later.
Port Douglas was everything we imagined it to be and then some.
This photo was taken from a boat trip we undertook through the inlet at sunset.
This photo was taken on a beach somewhere between Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation and is indicative of most of the beaches up north. Way up north.
Blue sky, sand, clear water and bright sunshine. And hardly anyone around even though it was peak season. I guess there are just so many beaches!
No doubt I will prattle on about things that happened when we were away but the highlight would be white water rafting down the Barron River. I came too close to falling out of the raft going over a rapid and was pulled back by the guide. But I would do it again in a heart beat.
So after 2 and a half weeks of temps in the high 20s (centigrade!) and brilliant sunshine we came home to howling gales and rain. Aahhhh, Melbourne!
It is bliss to be home with the boys and the cats.
Welcome home! I missed you. And I know the cats missed you too. Beautiful pictures. I have to look at a map so I can figure out where the hell you were.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful beaches! I love the beach.. and sunny, warm weather. Melbourne is cold, wet and windy like here right now. Horrible.
ReplyDelete