Thursday, 27 August 2009

A better day





Not as much of the anxiety today.

I caught up with the Mermaid for lunch. She really is doing it tough but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have sewn 5 of the remaining 10 blocks I need before I can start assembling the quilts. That will be something new and challenging and then I have to work out how to put the whole thing together. I think I'll need help for that.

I have been rebitten by the ebay bug. I have bought a couple of quilting books (including one on convergence quilts - thank you CHRIS!!!) and heaps of fabric. Heaps and heaps of fabric! Here's hoping the books inspire me. I'd love to make quilts for christmas pressies. I have a couple of things still being bid for (yet more fabric!) and have found some interesting looking quilts made with charm squares (had to google them to find out what they were after a friend mentioned them and then found some goooorrrgeous quilts.)

I am still such a novice at this quilting game and I really should actually finish something -haha.

Oh well. It's relaxing and creative.

Himself seems to have taken over the creativity in the kitchen so I need something. Well, that's my excuse.

And speaking of which ... dinner is nearly ready - tuna patties. I WAS going to cook tonight but Three requested tuna patties and although I can make them (and used to when the kiddles were little) Three likes Himself's. And Himself likes cooking so I guess that's good.

Getting the hair degreyed and trimmed tomorrow. Wish it was as easy to get the old bod fixed and made presentable.




1 comment:

  1. Don't go blaming me ya tart! You don't HAVE to buy books and material ya know! lol
    Glad to hear you are feeling better in yourself.

    ReplyDelete