Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Back to earth with a bump!

*sigh* ... this time last week we were basking in the sun and strolling on the beach. This picture was taken at Cape Tribulation where they boast that the rain forest meets the reef - and they are so right. The rainforest comes right down to the beach and it is spectacular.

Himself has not been himself (or maybe he has been himself - a grumpy old bugger!) His knee is playing up, his neck is sore and he's just been a pain. He had an MRI this evening so hopefully something will happen with the neck. He's been a bit better today and I hope his mood continues to improve.

I don't usually feel the cold but since coming home I have been decidedly chilly. I went back to the gym today and my fitness has dropped off a bit (to be expected I suppose) but the strength is still there (such as it is). We have promised ourselves we will go back to Port Douglas next year so that should be an incentive for me to get trim, taut and terrific by then so I can really enjoy the place without feeling self conscious.

And now I'm going to watch some telly and veg for the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Grumpy men are the pitts! Luckily for me (or should I say for Stew?)... he hardly ever gets grumpy. I would probably throttle him if he was! lol

    ReplyDelete