The conference was ... OK. Some of it was absolutely fascinating (I thought we'd heard enough about H1N1 flu but today's presenters were riveting) and some not so. It's always a shame when a potentially interesting presentation is ruined by a poor speaker. And refreshing when a potentially ho-hum presentation ends up being amusing and entertaining (even if the content is still ho-hum!).
I was still crook yesterday (I had to walk out of one of the opening presentations due to a coughing fit ... how embarrassing) but today I got through most of the day without feeling yucky. In fact, for the first time in well over a week I think I feel almost human again.
I contacted the seller of my dodgy nintendo ds game and he was most obliging. He offered to send me an australian version but Three had already bought me one (bless him and for less than I originally paid so, yes, Three I WILL be speaking to you first in future - dumb mum) so I had the amount credited back almost immediately. A very positive outcome but I won't be indulging in my ebay habit much any more as I am determined to get our debts paid off so I can at least consider giving up paid work. I say paid work because I don't believe that those who stay at home work any less than those who have a paid job and I will also look at some sort of volunteer work. I think part of my dissatisfaction with my current job is that I don't feel that I'm making a difference any more and that's why I went into nursing (certainly not for the money!) but having said that I don't want to go back to shift work. Yeah, spoiled brat, I know.
Himself turns 60 Monday week and tomorrow he's getting his first tattoo!!! That means that Two will be the only one in the family who hasn't been inked. I will go with Himself tomorrow for moral support and to suss out where and what I will get next.
We're catching up with the usual suspects for dinner at the club so I'd better get a wriggle on and touch up the makeup and mosey down there.
Have a great weekend.
YOU have tattoos! Show us!
ReplyDeleteI only have one so far.
Have a great weekend.
Hello Sparklingmerlot! Congrats on winning Chris's prize.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you write.
:)