The lovely Chris conducted a 10 day giveaway to celebrate her 3 years of blogging. It was no hardship to enter as I read her blog many times a day (I know, get a life!!) and love her writing style and outlook on life. I love her honesty as she battles with the crap that life throws and her resilience in the face of said crap. She also can take the credit (or blame - lol) for my quilting obsession. She is one talented, inspirational chick.
I had been thinking a fair bit about this competition (see above re: life, the getting of!) and would say to myself "Don't be silly, someone else will win". Then I remembered when Two was about 5 and he entered a competition on the telly for a Super Nintendo (yes, it was a looooooong time ago!). I didn't know about this (I can't remember how he entered but think his big brother might have helped) and one Saturday morning they were watching telly and he yelled "Mum I've won a Super Nintendo" ... "yes darling I'm sure you have" ... "No Mum, he really has!". The little shite HAD won (when you have a very unusual surname you can be pretty sure that the kid's name on the screen is yours) and he went on to win a few other things from kids' shows. Whenever he entered he was convinced that he would win. He has taken this attitude into adult life to the point that he used to get upset if we would try to preempt any disappointment because we were interfering with his positive thoughts. I know that many books have been written about the power of positive thinking but it's ingrained in most of us not to be too hopeful for fear of disappointment.
Every prize Chris listed sang to me so you can imagine my delight when I logged on this morning before work specifically to see who had won and IT WAS MEEEEEEE!!
Thank you Chris.
I am so glad I found your blog because of the pleasure it brings me every day, the other blogs I have found as a result and your generous give away.
*******************************************************************************
And in other news ...
Himself had his tattoo started on Saturday. When I saw it roughed in I just KNEW it was going to hurt like hell (hee hee) and it did. Poor boy. It looks really good, though, and I can't wait to see it coloured and shaded. The funniest part? Driving home my darling husband was fretting about what his mother would say. He turns 60 next Monday!!!!!
One popped in to the tattoo shop and we have all agreed that we are hanging out for more! I saw a design I really liked that could be adapted to work with what I already have so I need to save my pennies and book a time with the artist to discuss my options.
Himself, One, Two and I played golf yesterday and it was a lovely 'hit and a giggle' sort of afternoon. We had a full house for dinner which is always fun and then Two wanted to talk. And talk. And talk. Everyone else had left or gone to bed but he was in one of those rare moods where the conversation got quite deep and meaningful. So it was well after midnight when I got to bed but I wouldn't have missed a minute of those precious hours as we discussed his relationship with GGF, his relationship with us as his parents, the boys' recollections of their childhood .... oh, heaps of things.
Work today was pretty good. As a flow on from the positive thinking vibes gained from Chris' contest I made a concerted effort to think positively about work instead of bitching and moaning. Now that's not to say that I won't be bitching and moaning tomorrow but today was good!
Dinner's about ready, it's been pouring with rain and the river is looking beautiful in the evening light so I'll bid you adieu and go and count my blessings.
Later.... I have a follower!! WELCOME SOL!
It's nice to know someone who does patchwork won... seeing as there were a few fat quarters in it!
ReplyDeletePffffft... I had also gone and bought you some of that paua material last week.. so now you get a wee bonus as well!
Have a great week mate, and I will let you know when I post your parcel!
Why did he decide now to get some ink? I'm at about the same place and want one as well, perhaps it's better than getting a new girlfriend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the welcome :D
ReplyDeleteWill we get a picture of the tattoo?
ReplyDeleteAlso? I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love how close you are with your boys. If I ever get to Australia I fully intend to hang out with you.