The tradies arrived at 8.00 as promised. I had gone for my walk at about 7.15 leaving himself at home. I sort of expected that he would have removed the stuff from the shower ... HAHAHAHA!!! So I was emptying the shower and clearing MY stuff off the bench (left his!) while the foreman was trying to explain what needed to be done. The guy that destroyed the bathroom was charming and the noise was less than I expected although still unpleasant. He finished quickly, though, and another bloke came and smeared some smelly stuff all over the floor. He will be back tomorrow for another coat. The tiler will be here on Friday so hopefully we will have it back by early next week.
I really, really hope they get it straight this time. The first time they had to rip it up was because the shower wouldn't drain properly. The shower drained OK after that but the shower screen and tiles didn't line up and it looked wonky. Apparently that had something to do with the fact that the original floor tiles weren't laid straight so EVERYTHING has gone (except the bench) ... all the floor tiles, the shower base, the shower screen and the loo!
There is obviously something not right with the drainage in the garden. Half the plants are flourishing (fortunately that includes the espaliered camellias) and the other half are rotting. The planters on the balcony are doing OK which is promising as we get a lot of wind. I make sure I give them all a good drink on windy days and have been rewarded with a tomato plant full of flowers (and two baby tomatoes) parsley, rosemary, mint and thyme. I used the rosemary and parsley in dinner tonight.
I am pushing on with the cross stitching but as I have other projects I need to start or finish (or both) I don't know if it will get done by Christmas. I bought something on ebay for Mrs Other and am thinking about buying The Aunt an angel from ebay as well. Two wanted a print from National Geographic which I have ordered. I hope it arrives in time. I really need to sit down and make some serious lists. Presents, food for the three days, people to invite (although it's usually the same culprits each year) and other bits and pieces. I also need to make an appointment to see the Dr this week and must pluck up the courage to ring the psychologist that work put me on to.
And on that note I think I'll toddle off to bed.
I hope they get the bathroom right this time!
ReplyDeleteYou have lots to do.. this is GOOD...! I am nearing the end of my Christmas preparations! Yaaaa