Wednesday, 11 November 2009

worse and then better

Today was godawful.

I have been given a fortnight off on stress leave. I have spoken at great length to our HR department about my boss.  I have come to realise that as a department we have been subjected to behaviour which is tantamount to bullying.

I am relieved about this because I really believed that I was the one with the problem and that I was somehow tainting my colleagues.

I never thought of myself as a victim but it's good to know it wasn't my fault and that nothing I could have done would have made a difference.

The organisation has done the right thing by me and for this I am grateful.  I hope that the two colleagues who remain in that department will also have the right thing done by them.  It would be terrible to think that the past two days have been for naught.

Himself is in Sydney and I'm hoping that I will have a good night's sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. So if your Boss is such a bully why isn't something being done about HER? Or is it??? Workplace bullies are the scum of the earth.
    I hope you can get lots of sewing and golf in now that you are a lady of leisure like me!

    ReplyDelete