Yesterday I went shopping with Three. He finally had a day off and we needed to get some Christmas stuff from the store that he works for and he needed to pay the balance of his 21st pressie trip to Bali.
We went to the new improved (a matter of opinion) Chadstone. Lots of bling. And security guards all over the place in the classy section (Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Hilfiger, Tiffany etc etc etc). I remember when you could nip over to Chadstone in your tracky daks and runners to grab a few things and wouldn't look out of place. Now you almost need to dress as if you were going to the races!!
Three and I went to the Perfume Connection and bought stuff for One and Two and their girlfriends. As we were taking those goodies back to the car I tripped over a speed hump in the car park (poorly lit) and did a spectacular full frontal dive along the ground. Three was yelling "MUM, MUM"!! and some bloke came over to see if I was OK (I only saw his shoes!). At that point I think the ego was more damaged than any other part of me but as the day wore on my right knee became very sore and swollen.
And the ego is still smarting!
I received an email from HR saying I could submit a statutory declaration instead of a medical certificate so duly purchased a stat dec form, filled it out and took it to the local cop shop to be witnessed. Only to find that they don't do that anymore (even though any police officer can witness them according to the instructions). So I am now trying to find someone to witness the damned thing so I can get it to work early next week. My plan was to drop it off today. Doctors and pharmacists can witness and there are plenty of them at work but I would have to explain the whole thing again and don't want to go there.
I'm about to head of to my PT session - no running today! - and then will see what the day offers.
Oh noes! How embarrassing. My kids would have sidled sideways slowly I think.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it people always want everything explained to them? To heck with it I say. I explain nothing to nobody. Well, most of the time! Luckily, I work at a Uni so there are plenty of people I can ask!