I finally plucked up the courage to go and see a doctor about a medical certificate for the remaining two weeks of my notice (a grand total of 5 days!). Because we haven't been down here for any length of time I don't have a GP to call my own.
I went to the local medical centre and the fucking prick told me he could give me 2 days ... today and tomorrow. This was after going through the whole thing again and getting upset. He then had the fucking gall to tell me that my mental health is important and I should look after it.
Now I understand why there are notices all over the clinic about appropriate behaviour! If I wasn't so upset and feeling so stupid and worthless I would have called him for all the bastards under the sun.
And now I am taking my red blotchy tear stained face to the gym!
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Feel a little bit better ...
Later...
I went to gym although I was very tempted to cancel. I told Matt (my PT) what had happened and he trained me hard which is what I needed.
Tomorrow I will ring the HR department at work and find out what my options are. To tell you the truth, I don't really care at the moment. I'm not going back. What can they do? Sack me? Dock my pay? And tomorrow I might just be able to make that call to the psychologist. It's just so embarrassing to sob over the phone to a total stranger!
What a prick of a doctor! I hope you are not going to see HIM again.
ReplyDeleteArsehole.
And good on you for sticking to yoru guns.. don't go back there.