Wednesday, 5 January 2022

A mixed bag

Himself woke me in the wee small hours to say that the aged care facility had rung and MiL had had a fall and was complaining about a sore knee. Long story shortish. They called an ambulance several times but the ambulance service was in chaos. She was eventually picked up at 7. She has fractured her neck of femur (NOF) and is awaiting surgery tomorrow. We cannot visit her but the hospital (Frankston for those in the know) have been fantastic with communicating with us. She should be back in the facility by next week. In the olden days a fractured hip was a death sentence to the elderly more because they had to spend weeks in bed and developed pneumonia. MiL has the constitution of an ox so I am sure she will be fine. Never smoked etc etc.

We had our first breakaway craft group catch up today at the yarn cafe. A few had to drop out because of That Which Shall Not Be Named but it was still a lovely afternoon. Amy and K hit it off really well which makes me happy. We are going back there tomorrow for a crafting devonshire tea afternoon. I will have to eat a scone. Devastated - not. And I have my eye on more yarn. A cotton and silk blend which will weave up beautifully and will replace a gift I have already made. 

K came back here and cut my hair. I have now put a bright pink colour through it and am hoping I have enough grey for it to take. I would post a pic but no!

The hospital just rang and updated us on MiL's condition. I guess they sort of have to as no visitors are allowed but very happy with the care she is getting. 


4 comments:

  1. Not great about the fall, but I have great faith in our public hospital system. As we know, there was a rare Code Red for ambulances last night.

    Sounds like the reinvention of your craft group is successful.

    You could take a photo of just your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew is right, code Red is only authorised in extreme circumstances so you're lucky you got one at all When will it all end - no point listening to the pollies, they've no idea about anything or spin a few yarns to cover up any little white ones they might have spun earlier
    Hope your MiL comes through the op OK, then it'll be finding a place for recovery and mobilisation practice. All jolly good fun eh??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I want to see your hair, too! Sorry to hear about your MiL but it sounds like she is being well taken care of. I am excited about the upcoming tennis tournament and I'd like to hear your views on the No-vaxx Djokovic controversy. Is it big news there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading about the chaos of our ambulance service due to covid
    I’m glad your mother in law is going to be ok
    I just hope no one dies waiting for an ambulance it’s getting really bad now

    ReplyDelete