I loved A.A. Milne as a child. His poems had such a lovely rhythm. And who could not love The House at Pooh Corner. Before Disney got its hands on it and destroyed it. I shudder every time I see that bloated yellow obscenity masquerading as Winnie the Pooh.
We decided to brush the dogs. I suggested outside but Himself said we could see it easier on the carpet to vacuum up. Outside does tend to blow around a lot and inevitably comes back inside. At least he vacuumed up the mess.
My mind is working overtime to see what else could be spelled.
I am reading Michael Mosley's latest book (he of the Fast 800 diet and many TV documentaries on health). This one talks about the importance of protein and how we may not be getting enough in our diet. He cites studies in his writing and whilst I haven't gone and checked the veracity of them all I do have a basic trust in his work. And what he says makes sense. One study (an Australian one, to boot) suggests that we have needs in our bodies for certain nutrients and will keep eating until the nutrient requirement is satisfied. For example a breakfast of toast and cereal will leave you hungry for protein. But the same calorie count of eggs and cheese will keep you going til lunch time. I'm not explaining this as well as he does but it has piqued my interest.
The scarf has been finished and is in the wash as I type. This is always the nerve wracking part in case it doesn't survive!
Dinner tonight is sausages and salad. I'm going to have a second gin.
* * * * * * * * * * *
And if I had a bottle of champagne I would break open it. That Tennis Player is being deported. Hoobloodyray.



Yes hooray he’s gone. Lying twat
ReplyDeleteI’m on a no sugar high protein diet and it keeps me satisfied
I don’t eat a lot of fat. I have to consider my cholesterol levels. But having more protein in the form of trim cuts of meat is really good for my pain levels from fibro. It’s bizarre but it really does get worse when I eat crap
I have heard that from other sufferers of fibro. Sugar is evil!
DeleteLol Angela…mine gets worse when I’m constipated (sorry Caroline) ……and when does that happen….when I eat crap!!
ReplyDeleteMr Mosley has had so much to say about food, diet, healthy living etc it’s hard to know where to begin - I watch some of his tv specials and think yes that makes sense, then watch someone else ‘pushing’ another idea and think yes that makes sense and both ideas can be at odds with each other.
Still it’s interesting ……but not half as interesting as watching the court procedures over the past couple of days. Great result!!
Wasn't it just. I really was concerned they'd let the bastard stay. The thing I like about mosley compared to some others is he backs his writing/reporting with science. Often done on himself.
DeleteFinally on tv sport there is tennis talk, rather than the soon to be deported.
ReplyDeleteI believe the result of the Australian study. Some people never give their bodies a chance to crave.
And when they stuff their bodies with crap they keep craving what they're not getting.
DeleteMany thanks for commenting on my blog and sorry for the delay in reciprocally viewing yours. I find it hard to keep up but I get there in the end LOL!. I am now following you and shall add you to my blog list soon. meanwhile I am going to have a bit of a browse here to get to know you a little :-). I totally agree about Disney's version of Pooh Bear. I am a Pooh Bear fan...may he live forever! keep well. Amanda :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for dropping by. I'm glad I have another Pooh Bear fan. It is so sad that generations of kids won't know the joy of the original writing and drawings.
DeleteThankfully I haven't been following along with the tennis player but glad it's over. I believe that about protein an our bodies wanting to eat until nourished. It explains so much and my blog of many years ago went into this in great detail as we did the low carb diet thing. We still try to be lower carb with lots of vegetables. We don't have much bread, pasta or rice etc and stick to meat and greens for most meals.
ReplyDelete