I know this is still the holiday season and people are out and about and down at the beach but I love these early days of the new year. There is a certain stillness. A time to reflect and wind down. To regroup and be gentle. To look forward with a quiet optimism. No need to go anywhere or see anyone. Time to just be.
Himself is on the search for a good deal on a new phone for me. Vodaphone - who we have been with since before they were vodaphone are being most unhelpful. So much for long term (decades) of customer loyalty. It looks as if we will buy a phone outright and change our provider. Boo sucks to you, Vodaphone.
Cherries, blueberries and raspberries with plain yoghurt were had for lunch. Tonight I am having a piece of cold chicken and a hardboiled egg with salad.
One, Two and Three played a round of golf today. It makes my heart sing when my boys get together.
Right now, it's time for a gin and soda.
I always own my own phone and change provider if a better deal comes along. There is no loyalty for long term use, we've found that out. I like this time of year too... Auckland city has emptied out and is so quiet.
ReplyDeleteLoyalty is a thing of the past, that's for sure.
DeleteI like your thoughts of a quiet contemplative time. We thought that was happening for us, but not to be.
ReplyDeletePretty good that your sons all got together, in a boring way really but probably gave them lots of time to talk about their mother.
Buy your phone outright. Choose who supplies your service. Our choice for some years has been Aldi, using the Telstra 4G network with its wide coverage.
Hadn't thought of Aldi. Himself is negotiating as I type. The boys enjoy the chat more than the golf!
DeleteI love the languid days of summer. As long as I can escape into an air conditioned home lol
ReplyDeleteCheers to the gin
Air-conditioning is essential! I don't know how I managed without it. I do remember going to the movies on really hot days and if the movie was set in snow even better!
Delete