Tuesday, 11 January 2022

Random stuff

Well I must say I am glad I'm not the only one who has brilliant ideas and then forgets them!

Yesterday I was watching a video about using bleach to create designs on fabrics. Sort of tie dye in reverse. When I had finished I swear I could smell bleach. Has that happened to anyone else? Sometimes I can vividly smell something I have been watching or reading about - coffee, christmas trees, paint. 

I am really shocked at the supermarket shortages. Last time it was due to panic buying but you knew if you were patient the shelves would fill again. This time it's lack of supply for various reasons and it's quite scary. No fruit and veg, hardly any fresh meat, toilet paper (of course), milk, cheese and other dairy products and no idea when the shelves will be stocked again.

Himself found a solicitor and was able to get the papers proving life for his mother to be witnessed. He then lost the pre-paid envelope. 

He is in my bad books at the moment. We went to Ikea to finalise the kitchen but he had fiddled around so much with the plans it was a disaster. The poor woman who was helping us had no idea what we wanted as he had changed it ("I was just trying to get things aligned"). Add her soft voice and face mask and the deaf old bugger who won't wear his hearing aids and it would have been funny if it wasn't. Ikea is stressful for me at the best of times. I hate the lack of natural light and the disorienting layout. So after half an hour of watching this woman get more and more confused and Himself getting more and more agitated I had a panic attack and we called it quits. I am now trying to get someone from HiPages to come and do an in house measure and plan. 

I scored level 5/5 for my English and 4/5 for maths on the Auslan test. You need 3/5 and 2/5 respectively to be accepted into the course so that's another hurdle done. Now it's just waiting to see if there is a place in the online group for me. 

Mother in Law is doing well and should be home today or tomorrow. We can then go and visit her. She is suffering from something called hypo-active delirium. It means she is doolally but subdued and sleepy. 

I am now going to go to the Samsung website to learn how to drive the new phone. I'm not sure about the sim card situation but I will NOT be asking a certain person about it today!

Dinner will be something. He can bloody well decide and cook it.



5 comments:

  1. Friction happens. I don't think you are supposed to mess about too much with Ikea kitchens. Don't they pretty well come as they are? We did look at them for a house many years ago, well decades.
    Good news about your MiL.
    I am on my fourth Samsung phone and my partner has an S21, so we have a some knowledge. Google is always helpful? Yours an S21?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I had an S9 and now have an S21. Does R like his? It's too late now but I really do need to learn how to drive it. I am thinking of treating it as a brand new thing and transferring only the things I want rather than dumping the old onto the new.

      Delete
    2. R loves his new phone, in spite of him saying there was nothing wrong with old one. He came from an S6 I think. The camera is brilliant. Not a bad idea to manually transfer what you want rather than everything.

      Delete
  2. Frustrating day for you. Hope tomorrow is better. I couldn't find skim milk the other day and today the meat shelves were very bare. I did get some ground turkey on sale and the butter seems to have been resupplied. No grapes though. Things are tough in this part of the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, they are tough everywhere, sadly. I worry about those who rely on charity for food. There is nothing out there.

    ReplyDelete