Growing up I was taught "Animals sweat, men perspire and women glow". With the humidity we have at the moment I am glowing up a storm. It's not that hot but just sitting doing very little results in a massive glow. Now I can say that next month is the last month of summer. We still get hot days in March and sometimes into April but at least there is a light at the end of the hot, sticky tunnel.
For some reason this really made me giggle.
We have been eating a lot of salad lately. I am not usually a salad person but right now it is certainly the weather for it. The bread roll worked yesterday. Today I am trying a couple that have been frozen for longer so we will see if the yeast has completely carked it. Himself really enjoyed the roll last night so fingers crossed he is as appreciative this evening. Just need to work out what protein to have with the salad. I'm thinking a bbq chook.
I finished the scarf. It has been fringed and is in the wash as I write. It will be interesting to see what it's like once I've dried it. I wonder what it would sell for. It only cost me $7 in yarn.
Himself received a document from MiL's income stream fund thingy wanting proof of life. A bit difficult to get her to sign it so he has been trying to find a JP to witness him as PoA but everyone is on holidays. The company said a pharmacist could sign but our local one refused as it isn't listed as a designated signatory on the form. He has spent so much time dealing with her affairs. He will deserve a large gin when he gets home.

Try the local police station- they can witness oodles of things.
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope summer lasts a lot longer...I'm one who'd rather sweat than freeze 🙂
Cathy it is a very limited list. There is a JP at the police station apparently. Everyone is on leave at the moment which is the main problem. I don't mind the heat as long as it is a dry heat.
ReplyDeleteI can’t stand the muggyness. Is that even a word? Too bad I just made it up
ReplyDeleteDon’t go to the cranbourne police station there never is anyone there!
Angela, he tried the community centre at Casey Race but they were closed. He might try Frankston Cop Shop. And mugginess is certainly a word. I use it all the time in summer generally in a whingeing tone!
DeleteOne slightly humid day and she nearly dies. Wait for tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was working holidays were something to look forward to. Now I really dislike them as very little is normal.
Stay cool and more to the point, stay dry by the sound of it.
Andrew, I will be a puddle. Let's not get into a battle of hormones! Or fat!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting comment about holidays and rang a resounding bell. I can cope with something out of normal but it has to be a one off.
It's also very humid here on hot days (not at the moment, obviously) and it's definitely harder to take than dry heat. I find the nights worst.
ReplyDelete