I am not a lover of sport and I rarely watch it (including this current event) but I must say Ash Barty is a gem. She is talented but not entitled; she is a determined sportsperson but humble with it. She turned what started off as a Djoke into a true example of sportsmanship.
I have spent the past hour or so watching YouTube videos on Auslan. It is a challenge because I am used to learning with books but that isn't going to help learn a visual language!
I forgot that I did that while I was waiting for some dough to prove. It's been sitting in a bowl in the sun behind me. It has more than doubled in size so I had better go and make bread!
I made the bread and it smells delicious (rye with carraway seeds) and I also made a double batch of biscuits. I usually double up as it means I use a packet of butter and make more so I don't have to make them as often. Except they get eaten regardless! One came over to help Himself with something so he went home with a dozen each for the girls.
I have done a bit of weaving. Not feeling this one and the next will be worse (scarves asked for by friends with the yarn supplied).
Jinx has developed sores on her face and neck. We think Murphy is the culprit as he tends to grab her there which creates breaks in the skin and then keeps licking the sores which makes them weep. Guess who's going to the vet tomorrow? If a cone of shame is required I reckon Murphy should wear it as Jinx can't actually lick the hot spots and even with a cone on her he could get to them. She also has a dodgy dew claw. I think she caught it on something as a pup and it split and has never really grown back properly - more at a right angle to her foot. I have been trimming it in the hope it will eventually grow out but I think it might need to be removed. Maybe they will both have to wear cones of shame!
Not my dog but you get the idea (if you're not a doggy person and have no idea what I was talking about!)
Bangers and mash with peas and onion gravy tonight and a cherry custard tart (thank you Mr Aldi).
Like you I am not a sports fan but who could not be so proud of Barty. Male tennis players can be so difficult. I hope Nadal can win tonight, if only to make Djoke sing, 'It should've been me'. Russkies are a bit out of favour at the moment. I wonder why!
ReplyDeleteLuckily our dogs never needed the cone of shame but I have a recollection of a dew claw problem with Toby once.
It was a good Open this year. A bit of dummy spitting but all in all not too bad at all.
DeleteI am hoping she doesn't need the cone as where it would sit is right on the hot spot.
We were up quite early to watch Nadal win. Glad he did, however, he had fight for it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had a dog, never had to use the cone of shame.
It was a grueling match, Pat. Not that I sat up and watched it but I've seen some of the highlights.
DeleteThe tournament was spectacular despite the extreme weather conditions - no idea how they can play in such heat and humidity. I would be wilting after five minutes!
ReplyDeleteI have so much admiration for them. It must have been terrible on Friday when they had to close the roof because of the thunder storms.
Delete