Monday, 13 June 2022

I love a bargain

It was lovely catching up with the kids last night. Sally was a bit sooky but I think that's tiredness and Alice getting all the cuddles. The meal went down well and they went home with some left overs that will help eke out the budget. 

Alice had her trusty watchdogs.


Murphy wandered off but Jinx takes her job seriously.



Today we went to Karingal. Himself needed new shoes. We went to Rivers where, in the past, he grabs a size 12 and bob's your uncle. It appears they have changed manufacturers and now he takes a 14 (either that or his feet are spreading with old age). He found a pair and was happy to pay $35 for them. Last of the big spenders is my husband. Imagine his delight when they had been reduced to $12. We then went to BigW where I found a fleecy top and tracky daks and paid 18.50 for both. And it's a good thick fleece. Perfect for lounging around the house in the cold weather.

All in all a good day for good buys.

Last night it appeared that my peanut butter cookies are a huge hit with father and son alike. The chocolate biscuits I made the other week are Sally's favourite so I see a big baking day in my near future. 

Not tomorrow, though, as I am going to see my friend J's new house in Chelsea, a bayside suburb close to where we used to live in Bonbeach. They are 400 metres from one of the bay's best beaches . There are lots of cafes in the shopping strip so I'm sure we'll grab a bite and a coffee. I do miss living in that area but we do enjoy the quiet of where we are and moving back is out of the question.

Aldi fish cakes and peas for dinner. Nice and easy.


4 comments:

  1. Hope you’re enjoying your day out…it’s a glorious sunny one here bet it’s great over there by the beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time I got there it was bitterly cold!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely evening. Seeing Murphy and Alice together makes me think of when I was her age. My parents owned a German shepherd and he was my constant companion. Apparently he would pick me up by my nappy and carry me around
    Boy do I need him now lol
    Good job on the bargains. I love a bargain and brag about how little I paid for stuff. I’m kinda the opposite of most people I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. German Shepherds are great baby sitters. I love the image of you being picked up by your nappy!

    ReplyDelete