Saturday, 11 June 2022

Late

 It's nearly my bed time.

We confirmed that Three and his lot will come for dinner tomorrow night and tootled off to the supermarket to get the necessaries to make a slow cooker Italian casserole. Aldi had red capsicums at $10 a kilo. And they had fresh zucchini. I felt I'd won the lottery. 

They also had 61L tumbler compost bin which I convinced Himself we needed. 

Himself took the dogs for a walk and I started a loaf of bread. I decided to make myself a citrus juice and downed it in one long gulp. And then felt very sick. I don't know if my stomach reacted to the hit of acidic juice or I had picked up a bug but I won't go into details. When he came home I put the bread in the oven and took to my bed with a hot water bottle. After a few hours I felt better (and found out a friend I caught up with yesterday also had a tummy bug) and Himself and I prepped tomorrow's dinner so the cooker can be turned on first thing. Dinner was curry and rice from the freezer (not much for me).

I watched the last two episodes of a very confronting mini series called "Keep Sweet Pray and Obey" on Netflix. It's about a fundamentalist Mormon group who practice polygamy which was bad enough but were 'marrying' off girls (11 - 14 years old) to old men. There were photos of young girls holding their babies. All in the name of religion. 

Thank God I'm an atheist.

4 comments:

  1. I looked up that mini series, it's disgusting what is done to women in the name of religion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful. And the really scary bit is that thousands of people have been so indoctrinated from birth that it is still, in 2022, a flourishing religion in a certain part of the States.

      Delete
  2. I always say it’s not Jesus I don’t like. It’s his fan club
    Hope your feeling better. That bug is going round
    Stay warm and dry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely saying, Angela. So much harm has been done in the name of any number of religions.

      Delete