"In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on" - Robert Frost
Tuesday, 21 June 2022
In lieu of my words today I give you this ...
Sadly we lost the great John Clarke some years ago but this is as current now as it was then - if not more so. The weekly satire he did with Brian Dawe was brilliant. Check them out on youtube.
Thanks for the clip. Sadly it could have been made today. What a loss to us is John. The privatisation of our essential electricity systems was not a a great experiment. It is time for the system to return to the government ownership, with any profits staying here and not in Singapore or Canada.
Love it !!! ha ha I also enjoyed reading about your pets, what did your father do in Hong Kong....Peta
ReplyDeleteHe was a civil engineer. When we left he was a Director of some government dept. More pet stories to come!
DeleteThose Thursday early evening ‘shorts’ were just so to the point. Sammy J just doesn’t come anywhere near them
ReplyDeleteThey were so clever. We lost a genius.
DeleteThanks for the clip. Sadly it could have been made today. What a loss to us is John. The privatisation of our essential electricity systems was not a a great experiment. It is time for the system to return to the government ownership, with any profits staying here and not in Singapore or Canada.
ReplyDeleteWe never seem to learn, do we?
DeleteLove it. I used to watch them every week
ReplyDeleteAnd yes. Very appropriate for now
Hope your feeling better
On the mend, thanks, Angela.
Delete