Anyone who said Covid is just a sniffle can cop my boot up their backside.
I have not felt this crook in a long time. It's the fatigue and aches that I find hard to handle. But having said that, I am also finding it hard to sit still. So I've baked biscuits, made a loaf of bread, put the groceries away (lettuce was the only thing I didn't get - no surprise there) and have prepared tonight's dinner. I am now knackered!
Himself doesn't seem to be suffering much but his mental health is terrible at the moment. The global situation financially, Three and his issues, and who knows what else combine to put him in a very bad place that I just can't help with.
He walked the dogs which is not allowed but if he didn't I shudder to think how bad he would be. He doesn't talk to anyone other than the dogs so is putting nobody at risk.
Three was offered the job but at way less than he's getting at the moment which isn't a huge amount. He's prepared to take a bit of a drop and has asked them if they can make a better offer. If not, he is stuck where he is.
Do we ever stop worrying about our kids?
I can't remember if I mentioned that C has asked me to weave a scarf for a dear friend's 60th which is on the 30th of this month. Nothing like notice! Obviously I can't go yarn shopping but have a fair bit here so will have a go at warping my loom and seeing how I go. When we went out on Tuesday we found a shop that sells a lot of locally handmade stuff (at quite exorbitant prices!) so might see if they would stock a scarf or three.
That was my plan for this afternoon but I think a book and a cuppa tea will be more sensible.
Damn, just catching up... I hope you feel better soon. Don't talk to me about the stock market, we've lost many, many thousands. Thankfully mentally we are all good except that I seem to swear and yell a bit more than usual.
ReplyDeleteIt will come back but it's scary right now. Swearing and yelling are go to coping mechanisms!
DeleteCovid seems so very individual, hardly affecting some and knocking others flat. I've still managed to avoid it, touch wood, but imagine sooner or later it will find me.
ReplyDeleteYour husband sounds like mine. Mine is grumpy and angry and sad, if he would admit it but of course he wouldn't. Mine is an alcoholic who used to drink himself into oblivion to avoid dealing with his feelings but he's been sober for eight years now and has to learn how to deal with his emotions and feel them. I asked him to go see a counselor but of course he said no. Bloody hell.
Men, eh? Ours are very alike in so many ways.
DeleteI had thought I had escaped Covid but the sneaky bugger caught up with me.
Hope you are feeling better soon as it sounds as if you are downright miserable with this bug. It have so many ways of showing it's ugly face.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Himself is positive but has no symptoms to speak of. Which I think is most unfair. But then again, dealing with a sick man when sick yourself is no fun.
DeleteHopefully you don’t suffer for too long.
ReplyDeleteRest as much as you can. All the troubles and dramas will still be there when your out of iso. Hopefully hubby is able to climb out of the black hole
Thanks, Angela. Every day is a day closer to being well again.
DeleteIt’s been interesting reading about different people’s symptoms….no problem just like a cold, tired and weary just want to sleep all the time etc etc. My daughter had the ‘new’ list - vomiting, giddy/ dizzy, throat felt like barbed wire (her description) then slowly came good over a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteJust rest when you can, lots of warm drinks might make you feel a bit better (think of those trips to the loo as calorie burning walks) and give himself a cuddle now and again (if he’ll let you) we’re nearly at the half way mark and daylight will return.
It's funny isn't it? So many different variations of the one virus.
ReplyDeleteTime for another tea with honey.
I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog.
ReplyDeleteកីឡាបាល់ទាត់