Monday, 11 July 2022

A productive afternoon

 



A decent sized loaf and 75 biscuits (the rest were still baking). 

Looked after Alice while Amy was at physio and got her to sleep in the pram rugged up on the front verandah again - hence the biscuits.

Himself and I are still not 100%. I go to bed at night with Vicks on the soles of my feet (I think it's a Pommie thing), a cup of black tea with honey and slug of scotch and a hot water bottle that I place on my chest/throat which relieves the coughing. I think this cold could last a looooong time - at least at bed time.

10 comments:

  1. I know the after effects of covid can last a long time, maybe that's it. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. We are certainly making up for the lack of bugs over the past two years.

      Delete
  2. I thought you smear Vicks on an intimate area for a cold cure. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny, Andrew. And then hop in a bath. Ask me how I know! (I was a very wee tacker).

      Delete
  3. Vick's on the feet, yes DD1 did that to her girls. Intimate area? I don't think so. No matter where you put it, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do the Vicks thing last night and coughed a lot. There must be something in it.

      Delete
  4. Considering your not feeling well that’s a lot of baking.
    They do look yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking takes my mind off things. To be honest, the kitchenaid mixer does all the work! I just bung things in. I don't eat my efforts. That's down to other members of the family!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Pommie and never heard of putting Vick on your feet !😊. Does it work? I feel for you as Sr P and I have both been through the hacking cough stage even though our Covid tests came up negative. I still think we had a touch of COVID though! I am sure you have been given loads of tips on how to soothe your cough;the following has helped us. As my body is so finicky where medicines are concerned (allergies and intolerance) my doctor always tries to give me natural remedies. She prescribed Vitamin A which is good for the throat and frequent drinks of honey,lemon and ginger mixed in warm water. I don't like ginger much at all but it has helped us both and also gargling with salty water. Do hope you feel better soon🌼. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete