Tuesday, 12 July 2022

Bits and bobs

 


This is the first time we have had cats and dogs get on as well as these four do. We are so thrilled. 

Max sits on a chair and whacks the dogs as they walk by (he whacks everyone to be honest). They will turn and give him a lick.

I have had to cut back the cats' food as they were getting decidedly chubby. I have never, ever had overweight animals before and I don't want to start now! Especially as they are still kittens. It's hard to know exactly how much they eat as they share the dogs' dinner as well.

It's a miserable day here. It's cold, raining and damp. Himself and I are still dealing with our coughs and sniffles. Interestingly last night I didn't put the Vicks on my feet and was up a good part coughing. I shall treat my feet tonight and see if I am better.

It looks as if some of my daffodils might have survived. Whereas I was expecting at least 30 clumps I might have 5 or 6. Better than nothing I guess.

I have taken the latest scarf off the loom and am pulling fluffy threads through for bling. I will take a photo when it's done.

Aldi fishcakes for dinner. 

6 comments:

  1. I miss a space heater. It added an extra cosiness. It's good to hear your critters all getting along. In the past I've posted a photo of our two cats and two dogs lying in front of a heater. When air con heating arrived in the 90s, I don't think they were happy. In fact they weren't keen on a gas fired wall furnace. They like the radiant heat from a fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wood heater came with the house (and then had to be replaced like so many things). The cats love it. The dog loves the cats. Even though they aren't nearly as efficient as central heating or r/c air con wood fires make a house feel warm.

      Delete
  2. Fire looks so inviting, for you, certainly not me, we have our fireplace in the sky and it is doing way too much heating where we are.
    We have two fireplaces, do not use the one in the living room, the one in the basement rec room gets used during the Winter.
    Hope you both are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long and I'll be complaining about the heat! Our fire in the sky is vicious.

      Delete
  3. The fire is exactly where I’m
    Staying today I’ve been out all morning so I won’t be going to knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too miserable to be out. The fire is good place to stay.

      Delete