Wednesday, 13 July 2022

Cough Cough

I needed a ball of wool that I knew I could get at a shop in Chelsea so met J for brunch. 

Bought the wool and then headed to a cafe.

And then the coughing started.

*OMG How Embarrassment! People were looking at me like I had the plague. You know. THAT one. 

Nothing helped. Not a glass of water. Not a butter menthol. I had to leave the cafe and hack up my lungs in the street. I thought I was going to be sick it was that bad. 

I would have left but J had ordered our meal. 

Finally things settled down and I was able to go and eat my omelette and  drink my coffee. 

I went to the chemist to get some cough syrup and they had sold out. I guess I'm not alone with this damned thing. I did get some tablets which contain the same medication so we will see if they help. There is something comforting about cough syrup, though. Maybe the foul taste makes us feel it has to be working.

Himself has gone to get Sally from school. She has a dance class at 5.15. Amy and I were working out how to get her there and for Amy to pick her and Alice up and it was getting rather complicated. Himself just said he'd take her home after her class and Amy can collect Alice from daycare and go home. Well how blindingly obvious was that solution!



*Who remembers Effie? I can't see Acropolis Now being allowed to screen in these politically correct days.



8 comments:

  1. In the times of stress the blinding obvious can be very distant.

    I'd like to think Acropolis Now could still be screened, but we haven't seen much of anything like that of late. It is a blog post in my head that I am working up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to think so, too, Andrew. I just fear the do-gooders would object and everyone would cower for fear of being seen to be racist/sexist/ageist/istist. I am looking forward to your post.

      Delete
  2. I remember a cough like that, it's horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so embarrassing! I read that after a bout of URTIs one can have a hypersensitivity cough reflex. I feel that may be it.

      Delete
  3. One of the reasons I stay home when I get a cough, not that kind!
    Is that your almost afraid your going to get stoned in the stree.
    I think acropolis now would still be allowed as it’s Greeks making fun of themselves
    And after all these years, we have grown tough skins
    Next time your going past leave your number in my letterbox, that way I can contact you if kitting is cancelled due to illness. Like it was yesterday
    Hope your feeling much better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally don't go out if I sound crook. This came on me and I couldn't stop it. A gentle throat clearing is one thing. This was extreme!
      Thank you for the offer. I will drop my contact details in soon.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are on the mend soon and don't have any more coughing fits (especially in public!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You can comment again. Coughing in public these days shows how much things have changed over the past couple of years, that's for sure.

      Delete