Another month gone where I have achieved none of my goals - walk more, eat less, worry less, relax more.
Himself went to the Shed for their last Friday of the month sausage sizzle. He didn't partake of the greasy offerings but by crikey he certainly brought the smell home with him and it's now in my car. They had a guest speaker who happened to be a solicitor talking about powers of attorney - very timely. The inlaws' useless solicitor can't even provide a statement of the sale of shares which we need to see if capital gains tax applies. We need to know when the shares were originally purchased. When my parents shuffled off our solicitor had all that information and the tax liability available as part of the settling of the estate.
Sally has her first dance exam shortly which has meant extra lessons after school. Yup, grandparents to the rescue. I had to sign her out of class half an hour early to make it in time (actually 15 minutes would have been plenty). I rocked up to the office and said I was hear to sign Sally Surname out as per her mother's request. Long pause. And who are YOU? her grandmother I almost whispered, quivering in my boots. Nothing changes with schools, does it?
While she was having her lesson we ducked into Aldi and I bought some really good educational books that were only $5 each. She read the one about animals all the way home. Out loud. That plan didn't work.
Dinner is the other half of the quiche from the the other night. Last night's salmon was great. The key lime pie was too sweet. I need to make my own stuff as I find the purchased stuff just tastes of ... sweet.
Today I baked another loaf of bread (Himself has already eaten half of it) and a batch of biscuits. Vanilla with a hint of nutmeg this time. Very nice, if I say so myself. And not too sweet!
I didn't go to craft and I am yet to hear if anything went down. I hope for everyone's sake R has calmed her farm.
There can be worse smells in the car than that of fried onions.
ReplyDeleteI never disappoint myself by making goals.
As I discovered, even settling a bankrupt estate without legal assistance can be difficult. Just when I thought it was all done, requests arrived from the bank. I fulfilled what I could and told them there were matters to do that they wanted were impractical. Two months later, I haven't heard back.
I have a theory and you have reinforced it, being that wine drinkers lose taste for sweetness.
My bought bread mix in the bread maker was so successful yesterday, to go with the rest of my pea and ham soup. The bread remainder is sliced and in the freezer.
I shall take a leaf out of your book and cease goal setting, Andrew. Thank you.
DeleteI shall do my damndest to make sure when I go all my affairs are properly in order and I have a reliable solicitor to manage them.
Interesting theory about wine and sweetness. Does that mean if we stop the wine we will recover sweetness? I don't think I want to try!
I love to bake. But everyone is always on a diet and it won’t get eaten as I HATE wasting food I end up eating it all. Not a good thing
ReplyDeleteSo I’ve curtailed the baking bug.
On days like this morning. It really helps to warm the house up too.
I freeze dough to bake rolls down the track. You could try that. I like being able to control the amount of sugar in my sweet baking. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Delete