Monday, 4 July 2022

Happy day

 "T was going to look after the kids but has covid - can you look after the kids while Amy goes to physio?"


It was a glorious winter day and we went to the shop around the corner. We had to pass our local park.














Lots of smiles like this ..



She was yawning in the pram on the way home so I stuck her dummy in her gob, tucked her into her snuggly fleecy blanket and left her outside in the fresh air watching the leafless branches waving in the trees. She was asleep in 30 seconds. It made me realise you don't see many kids sleeping outside these days. 



The only downside? 

Sally talking to someone of my vintage at the park: "See that old lady with the pram? That's my Granny".

"sigh"


8 comments:

  1. Lol children are very honest, I guess to them we are really old
    Looks like you had fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day for it, Angela. We are so lucky to have the small park a few doors up. We have been going there since Sally was not quite 1.

      Delete
  2. I think Sally doesn't really understand old. She has heard you described you as such. But there will be a time in her teen years when Sally will find out Granny is old and boring. When you die, Sally will shed tears and may or may not be very emotional. In her thirties or forties she will come to realisation how wonderful you were and remember all the words she meant to say to you but never did. She may cry again. Seems to be how it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, thanks, Andrew! That made me shed a tear.

      Delete
  3. What cuties. I read your last post too. That custard slice reminds me of mille-feuille.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day with happy people….and you’re right - I don’t think I’ve ever seen babies put outside to sleep (summer or winter). Us oldies were advised to get as much fresh air into them as we could….bundled up in all weathers, mind you we had proper ‘pram’ with weather protection covers in England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seem to think someone will come along and steal the baby. Crazy.

      Delete