Thursday, 7 July 2022

I love the smell of baking in the morning

I heard a new birdsong this morning. This beauty and a friend were in our flowering gum.

I think they are rainbow lorikeets. Regardless they are stunning.






I baked a loaf of bread and a batch of biscuits. I added some ginger and spice to the mix. They have an interesting bit of heat. Himself loves them which means I will be baking again soon!

I removed myself as admin from the craft group. I shall go tomorrow and then decide on a day by day basis. Himself told me to step back. I agree.

Angela suggested I go along to her knitting group. I might just try that. It's always a challenge to walk into a group of people who know one another but I know her face!

I try to please all of the people all of the time. I realise that with some people you can please none of them none of the time. I have soothed ruffled feathers. I have stood up for those who have been spoken about badly. I can't do this anymore and nor do I want to. The final straw was pathetic bleating by one person who didn't want to share her birthday with a belated celebration for someone else.

I quit the psychologist. She lacked empathy. She didn't listen properly and just doled out advice. I told her I lacked purpose in my life. She told me to plan a holiday.

Sorry for the whinge. It's been one of those days weeks months. 

Anyone would think it was Winter.

10 comments:

  1. I’m glad you have left that psychologist. She doesn’t seem to be interested in helping anyone
    I’m very glad you are thinking of coming next Wednesday
    I look forward to seeing you there. They’re a lovely bunch of ladies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela.
      It will be nice to meet new people.

      Delete
  2. They are indeed rainbow lorikeets. Quite noisy.
    https://highriser.blogspot.com/2021/07/birds-in-hood.html
    https://highriser.blogspot.com/2017/11/sydney-day-5.html

    It sounds like you did the right thing on both counts by ditching what did not please you. Empathy should be the first thing you hear from a psychologist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, sometimes it takes me a while to wake up to the bleeding obvious!
      They're not as bad as the cockatoos and bloody minahs!

      Delete
  3. What a beatiful bird.

    A holiday? That was her answer? Wow. Not really helpful. We all need purpose in our lives, otherwise, what's the point? You'll find your's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pixie. It took me a while to realise that wasn't the answer because, well, she's supposed to know what she's doing.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful birds, even though Andrew said they were noisy. A holiday, a person has to come back to life at home afterwards. Not a very good solution given by your psychologist.
    Your baking sounds yummy, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, they are indeed noisy but not unpleasant. Maybe a flock would be different.

      Delete
  5. I hardly ever bake, only if the boys are coming to stay. My blood sugar needs preserving (diabetes was knocking on the door!!). I also lack a purpose in life so will now just idle around the country in my motorhome. Still no purpose but more enjoyable that sitting idle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the baking but don't feel the need to eat the results. Himself and various kids and grandkids enjoy them.
      I'm not sure what I'm looking for in life. I am happy with my lot but feel something is missing. Planning a holiday ain't the answer! Unless I could move to NZ!

      Delete