It has been another cold, damp day.
Himself went to his parents' solicitor to collect a couple of cheques. I met the solicitor when he went to their house to arrange Powers of Attorney. He looked like he should be in a Dickens' novel. And the way he has handled the estate only confirms this. In hindsight we should have got our solicitor to handle the estate as she was very thorough and efficient with my parents' estates. His tardiness cost money as the share market has plummeted. He wanted to charge an extra $3k for work he did but Himself objected. Considering Himself did most of the work getting all the share information, banking information and the like they are very cheeky saying they did extra work.
Sally is here colouring in her beloved Harry Potter pictures. Thank heavens for the internet and home printers!
Craft group is on tomorrow. I have been asked if I am going but have not committed either way. I am 90% sure I won't go as I really don't want to be there if things get crazy. I am not sure if my presence would calm or exacerbate the situation if R goes off.
Dinner will be last night's menu. Which reminds me, I'd better take Mr Aldi's pie out of the freezer. I baked another couple of loaves today. I have found a smaller loaf is easier to cut so I made one for us and little wee one for Sally to take home.
Tomorrow will probably require some biscuits to be baked.
So far the dogs have stayed off the black mulch and it's looking like it's fading which suggests the excess dye is leaching out. Goodo.
Just go and keep your mouth shut and yourself to yourself unless it's directly about craft.
ReplyDeleteI think I'll give them a week or two.
DeleteLawyers are robbers. Go to the craft meeting, distance yourself physically and emotionally from anything or anyone that upsets you. Enjoy the day.
ReplyDeleteThis bloke certainly didn't earn his fee. He should have paid Himself. I am checking out a couple of other craft groups.
DeleteThought you might be interested to know we have an Australian bakery here. She makes chocolate and coconut lamingtons, cheese and vegemite croissants and a riff on "fairy bread", a cake topped with buttercream and sprinkles. I haven't visited it yet as it is on the other end of the city but hope to drop in next time I am out that way.
ReplyDeleteHow funny that Australia has a cuisine! I hope the vegemite is smeared sparingly. We tend not to eat it on croissants, though. Let me know if you try any of the offerings.
DeleteLawyers, most have no souls. And lots are just ambulance chasers. I hate all the advertising they do on the telly. Slimy gits
ReplyDeleteTell us what you think, Angela!! This bloke is an old fashioned suburban solicitor. Should have retired years ago.
Delete