Today was a glorious winter's day. The sort that Melbourne does so well. Bitterly cold this morning. It was only 4*C when we walked the dogs at 10. But clear blue sky and sunshine which was very pleasant as there was no wind.
Himself went to the Shed. He is going a fair bit lately and this pleases me.
Amy came around after the sleep consultant had been. She is working on getting Alice to sleep properly. She has also been approved for 30 hours of counselling which is bloody brilliant. Sally has her first parent/teacher interview this evening and Amy was on the phone to Three working out what to do for dinner. I offered to walk with her around to the Langwarrin General Store (fancy grocer) and bought a couple of their ready made meals for them and some add boiling water wonton soup thing for Three to take to work. I bought them a new rice cooker from Amazon which arrived yesterday so she took that home with her as well.
My anxiety has started up again. I didn't realise that it had abated somewhat when I was sick. Maybe I felt too crook to care! I had a blood test yesterday and see the doctor on Friday. Having worked in oncology I am not a good patient and tend to imagine the worst case scenarios of everything and then bury my head in the sand. This may catch up with me one day.
Keeping with my intention to think positive or see the lighter side of life every day I present to you the following fluff found on facebook. You have probably seem them but they made me giggle (almost as much as reading Andrew's old blog posts).
Anxiety is the worst. Only someone who suffers really understand
ReplyDeleteI’m sure it will all be ok. But it is best to get tested and know for sure
It's a day to day thing as you know and understand.
DeleteGood ones, especially the first.
ReplyDeleteIt made me giggle that's for sure.
DeleteI think everybody who works in our hospital always assumes they have cancer when they have a symptom. Occupational hazard.
ReplyDeleteI like the funnies.
I supposed I could have worked in ob/gyn and be worried I'm pregnant. At 65.
Delete