I talk a lot about the dogs but deep down in my very essence I am a cat person. I love their independence, their personalities, their furry purry snuggles.
Minnie (the little black one) has started waking us every morning by launching herself at the flywire screen door in our bedroom. I have no idea why she does it but it is damned annoying! That then sets the dogs off and any plan for a sleep in is just a distant memory. This morning she nearly got to the top of the door. Maybe she will stop when she does.
I baked a loaf of banana bread today (alright, it's really a banana cake because of the ingredients but I like it toasted and toast = bread = healthy). I put about 100gm of walnuts in it and it is very nice. It will be even nicer tomorrow for breakfast toasted with a dollop of butter. I also baked a loaf of bread which made a very nice ham, cheese and salad sandwich for lunch.
When I was at the deli getting the ham I bought one of those small tubs of rooted basil which are meant to be used asap but I brought it home and planted it. We shall see how it goes.
The herb seeds I planted last week have started to sprout. I will need to see how they grow as I forgot to mark them! The lettuces are ready to have leaves harvested. Time to plant another lot so they are ready when this lot turn to seed.
More work on the baby blanket this afternoon. I should finish it in the next couple of days and I can see if it's worked once I've washed it. The sock is on it's umpteenth incarnation but I am getting there.
So, all in all a day of this and that but quite productive and the weather has been perfect. Melbourne delivers Spring again. I feel for those up north who are being inundated with rain again and, of course, those poor folk in Florida with Cyclone Ian.
Pies and peas tonight. Not home made but bought from a really good local bakery.
Pie and peas? Rocking your Brit credentials?
ReplyDeleteSo true! But not mushy peas.
DeleteWell you have been productive and be proud of yourself!
ReplyDeleteI, too, am a cat person. I used to share my home with dogs but those days are over for me. They are more needy than I am willing to deal with but I do love other people's dogs.
We have started calling Murphy FOMO. He is so needy that if you are giving anyone else, two or four footed, attention he has to stick his great big head in the way.
DeleteWhen my cats were indoor only they ruined all my fly screens trying to get out. One would climb the screen door and with her back foot hit the handle and at the same time shaking the door. This is how she opened it.
ReplyDeleteNow they are indoor outdoor and we all are much happier.
I think we need a day together to try this knit two socks at once pattern between us we might just make a pair of socks
I would love to let them out but we are surrounded by dogs and the road gets busy at school times. I'm thinking of a cat run of sorts.
DeleteSally goes back to school this week. We should arrange to get together.
What a lovely way to wake up each morning, so relaxing:)
ReplyDeleteI shall send you a recording so you, too, can enjoy the delights!
Delete