Saturday, 5 November 2022

Blue(ish) skies and sunshine

And of all a sudden it finally feels like Spring.

The ground is still wet underfoot but every day it dries out a bit more.

Seeds are sprouting and things I planted a few weeks ago are going crazy.


Teeny tiny lettuces


Rocket, Pak Choi, a giant zucchini, some beans and some cucumbers.
We had some Pak Choi last night and it was delicious. Tonight we had rocket and salad leaves along with some radishes (we added store bought veges as well) and it was very tasty with a slice of quiche.


Pretty petunias




The tree dahlias have sprouted



Tomato in the front and crazy crazy spuds behind. They have buds on them now. I wonder how long before I can look for baby spuds.



Mojitos anyone?



Roses. I love getting compliments on them.


Some got a bit rain spattered but they are blooming beautifully
This one is Belle du Seigneur



This one is Julia's rose. It isn't as highly scented as my others but I bought it for the gorgeous colour. 



Tequila Sunrise



I think this one is Fiona's Wish or it could be Double Delight. It's dark and I can't be bothered going out to check!



I have forgotten this one but it is a pretty reddish orange.


Thank you for your comments on my aunt and her issues. She rang this morning in a tiz but she has a friend popping over tomorrow to discuss her options. She doesn't want to change anything because my late uncle set it all up so she didn't have to worry. 

I think I am in for a trying few days dealing with her but we will get through this.

I nearly gave up on the second sock but have decided to give it one more chance. Otherwise I will be looking for that one-legged person.

8 comments:

  1. Your roses are lovely. My mum loved roses but they don't thrive in our weather. She persevered though and had roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses are one thing that do like Melbourne weather - as long as it's not too humid.

      Delete
  2. The garden is coming along nicely
    Maybe you can keep the one Sox and use it as a Christmas stocking for the dogs? Love love love your roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has one more chance and then it will be a very bright Christmas sock! I must say I am rather proud of my roses.

      Delete
  3. Pak choi. I have no idea what that is. Ah, bok choi it seems. We eat that. We can never have too many blooming roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bok choi and Pak choi are different. Pak choi is leggier - bok choi is leafier. Similar in taste and texture.
      People stop and smell my roses!

      Delete
  4. You should be VERY proud of your roses- they are glorious.
    And I can imagine how very delicious those salads you are eating are.

    ReplyDelete