Tuesday, 8 November 2022

Dot point Tuesday

  • I spent the day at my favourite yarn shop with J and C. Lots of chatter and solving the problems of the world.
  • The single sock will remain single.
  • I bought some more sock yarn and started another sock. I want to knit a short pair to wear with sneakers over summer. And they take less time.
  • I stuffed something up and ripped out 10 rows of rib.
  • I had a doctor's appointment I arrived early for so recast on while sweating in the car - yes the temps have hit the high 20s - the car said it was 30*C.
  • Saw doctor and got certificate for centrelink. Hopefully this will be the last one I need - she dated it until the day I am eligible for the aged pension which is a couple of weeks longer than usually accepted. Let's see what they say.
  • I am catching up with sister in law tomorrow and have bought her yarn and needles to knit socks.
  • Three social days in a row. I will be hibernating until Monday. Anyway, I have sanding to do.

12 comments:

  1. It was very warm today. I had to actually water the pots because they had dried out. Felt strange Enjoy your sanding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding it's a fine balance to get the planter watering right. So far nothing has turned up it's toes for thirst. Peas don't like being drowned I have found out.

      Delete
  2. Might be an idea to unravel the first sock, place to one side - knit the short ones - then come back and knit short ones with the first lot of yarn (or donate the whole lot and get on with life) Like reading books - there’s a whole lot of different knitting to do😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My single sock is hanging on the wall as a testament to my - something, not sure what! The yarn is lovely but gets very fluffy and knotty when frogged. I am getting a good collection of spare bits of sock yarn. Life is too short to knit things you don't love - just like books, you are right.

      Delete
  3. I like short socks, too, for myself. I knit them longer for other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The method in my madness is that they will take less time and leave less margin for stuff ups!

      Delete
  4. I have no idea what "centrelink" is but I imagine it has something to do with an insurance-related situation? National health care?
    Oh, our country is so behind the world in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I copied this for you, Ms Moon. "Centrelink delivers a range of government payments and services for retirees, the unemployed, families, carers, parents, people with disabilities, Indigenous Australians, students, apprentices and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and provides services at times of major change. The majority of Centrelink's services are the disbursement of social security payments."
      It's sister organisation, Medicare, pays for health services.
      We live in a very lucky country.

      Delete
  5. I wish I enjoyed knitting. It makes me tense because I hate having to pull it apart when I make a mistake and then have to get it back on the needles. I find crocheting easier that way, just one stitch to get back on the hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the one stitch on a hook with crochet and the fact it is so quick but for garments I prefer knitting. I don't do anything fancy and find it quite relaxing in front of the telly. I have worked out how to pick up dropped stitches with a crochet hook so that makes life easier! Things do get thrown in the naughty corner from time to time.

      Delete
  6. Busy little lady aren't you. Not sure what centrelink is either, would like to know. I have not done any knitting for a long time as I now quilt, but I may have to start again, I did find it very relaxing, hearing those needles clicking together looking at the finish product that I made. Kept loads of needles, all I need is yarn and a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting has changed so much over the years, Pat. I hate sewing garments together but now knit in the round and top down. I used to quilt but find my yarn crafts more satisfying at the moment. I have posted an explanation of centrelink above in response to Ms Moon.

      Delete