I watched a really good series called Marco Polo. It isn't that new (in fact the Harvey Weinstein production logo at the beginning was quite off-putting!) but it was so good. If you like historical dramas I highly recommend it. It is a bit violent but so were the times. The acting is outstanding as is the casting. The scenery is breath taking. The costumes are stupendous. It went over two seasons so lots of evening knitting and viewing.
When I finished it I was hunting around for something else to watch. I have started a few historical shows but none really grabbed me. Last night I settled on The White Queen about Lady Elizabeth Grey who married Edward IV. Think of the Wars of the Roses and the houses of York and Lancaster. It is based on an historical novel so considered fiction but based on fact. I am enjoying it but it pales against the excellent production of Marco Polo. The costumes look machine sewn. Everyone is too clean. It just doesn't feel real like a good historical piece does. But I will continue watching it as nothing else appeals at the moment.
Today planet Earth reached a population of 8 billion. We are fucked.
I agree. Too many people on this little planet.
ReplyDeleteIt was so cold today that I ended up turning on the heating. Oh my aching bones
I don't think anything will change in the foreseeable future. It's sort of not done to tell other nations to control their birth rate.
DeleteJumping from 7 million in such a short time. There is some hope that population growth is slowing and smugly I can say I have made no impact on population growth. I am not sure we are quite fucked yet, but things must change very soon. Why can't you just be happy with old episodes of Doc Martin, Vera, The Bill and Midsomer Murders.
ReplyDeleteI am still amazed at people who have many children (regardless of religious beliefs - that's a whole nuther bugbear) but I understand it is the less developed countries contributing the soaring rate and no-one is going to do anything about that.
DeleteI have watched those shows so many times I can either recite them or know whodunnit.
Good job we all don’t like/enjoy the same thing- I’d have passed on by those two series.
ReplyDeleteThere was word that the decline will begin soon…..I’m not going to be around much longer so there’s one off the total…in a few years time I hope😊
I wonder if things will drop when we boomers shuffle off. I doubt it. We can't all like the same things which is what makes life so interesting.
DeleteIf the White Queen is from the novel by Phillipa Gregory, I recommend the novel highly.
ReplyDeleteIt is. I am really enjoying it but the production is a bit disappointing because I am a bit of a pedant.
DeleteSadly, you are quite probably correct.
ReplyDeleteI really hope I'm not. Not for thee and me but for those who follow. Hopefully not too many.
DeleteI couldn't remember if I left a comment or not. I looked up that Marco Polo series, I'm pretty sure my husband will like it. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI hope The Big Guy likes it. It is so well done.
Delete