More heavy rain overnight.
This is the town where a friend lives...
Like any of these things it hits home just that bit more when you know someone directly affected
I know people who have lost everything in bushfires - my parents included.
I know people who have survived the horror of cyclones (hurricanes, typhoons depending on where you live).
To live in Australia means you live with these things and we accept them as the price we pay for living in this wonderful country but for the love of all things holy can the rain please just stop.

I read an article recently that suggested it’ll continue until next February - then La Niña will drift away. Hopefully this time the Bureau will be right.
ReplyDeleteWe can only hope, Cathy.
DeleteYou are a tough people to withstand what nature hands you.
ReplyDeleteI think people who live with extremes tend to be. We seem to fluctuate between droughts and flooding rains.
DeleteI have a friend who lives in Adelaide and I worry about her. She's housebound and controlled by her husband. Haven't heard from her in awhile.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed the rain stops.
That is a very sad situation. Hopefully she is OK. I don't know if Adelaide got hammered. Country SA did.
DeleteFlooding is so difficult to come back from. It's too much, this current wet season.
ReplyDeleteI would never want either but I think fire destroys completely (more or less) while floods leave you with a stinky muddy mess to clean up and then you have to deal with the insurance companies as to what is salvageable.
DeleteI was watching the kiddies channel on Friday with Ana. And duggee was singing the rain song. I think that’s the problem shut up duggee
ReplyDeleteAll jokes aside. It’s really getting desperate for some poor towns.
You have found the cause, Angela. Well done!
DeleteI can never remember such heavy flooding rain on the Mornington Peninsula. The weather has become crazy, but nothing to do with climate change of course.
ReplyDeleteI am not saying climate doesn't play a role but I think a lot of it is the increase in population in areas like the Peninsula and houses being built in flood prone areas. They don't upgrade the infrastructure to deal with more storm water run off and the like. But yes, we are getting some strange weather.
DeleteSo much is now being covered with water impenetrable surfaces. Water can't soak in and must run off.
Delete