Thursday, 10 November 2022

Thursday thinking

The rains are coming - again! Hopefully they will be short lived and not too heavy.

I sanded my bread bin bits - 120 grit and 240 grit and tomorrow I will hand sand them with 500 and 800. I hope A approves of my efforts!

There is a lovely professional dog walker who we met at one of the parks we go to. She is more of a dog whisperer and has taken a liking to our two - especially our big boy. She has started up a dog grooming business so on Saturday she is going to do the two of them for us. I am sure I could find someone less expensive but I know she will be gentle with them, she won't muzzle them and they love her. Himself took them for a walk this morning through the local bush and then to the park for a run so he could chat to Katie about the washes. They are now completely stuffed.

I love the blogging community (or at least the blogs I read!) because everyone is so supportive of one another and yet random anonymous gits leave nasty comments here and there. What cowards they are and do they really think they are clever? Yet again the interwebs makes me question whether we really are better off with all this technology. It seems we are losing the ability to be courteous and kind. 

And what about all these hacks that are happening? Scams are one thing - surely by now people should know not to click on links or share financial details but when some pimply face wanker from god knows where hacks into what are supposed to be highly protected sites with sophisticated security and steals highly personal information and tries to ransom people? I shudder to think what the future is going to look like. We are at the mercy of these idiots and the companies that don't do enough to protect our information.

Himself has an appointment with his psychologist this evening. He has gone for a drive to get his head in the right place. I take this as a good thing. I hope. It's quite late in the evening so no idea what we will have for dinner or when we will have it. I suggested he pick up a pizza on the way home. He didn't respond!

Later

We are having pizza for dinner. The rains have passed for now but there is more on the horizon.

I am knitting my short sock and so far so good. I might even finish it in the next couple of days. I think I might need a pair of these:



13 comments:

  1. About 1985 we tried a couple of young children to walk our dogs. I am not sure why but our careless dog who was normally so interested in smells did not like the walk by these children. He would pull back on his leash when they arrived. The children were very disappointed when we told them no more, but it just didn't work for our dog.

    Not many nasty comments on my blog, but some that have been challenging where I may have gone too far.

    I think we need to be protected from scammers by companies and governments. They need to have the highest levels of security.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have never had anyone walk our dogs but I understand people who need to. There are several professional walkers around here but this woman who is tiny is amazing. The largest dogs turn to jelly if she growls at them for misbehaving. Very funny to see.
      People can say what they like but the anonymous cowards irritate me.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on the box. I'm hoping for pictures eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have almost never gotten negative comments on my blog which is odd because I am overly strident about some subjects. But you're right- this is not anything like the hackers who get into huge systems and steal information which is damaging.
    Good for your husband for doing a hard thing! And for getting the pizza too.
    I sort of love that shoe and sock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't watch The Capture (BBC). It will terrify you the things 'they' can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a scary thought the future.
    I think people have always come in the moron class. It’s just they have now gone global.
    Love the idea of the clear, Cinderella, shoes.
    If you put all that effort into making socks you want to be able to show them off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Angela. The internet has given idiots an even bigger platform.
      The only problem with the clear shoes is that they are plastic which sort of defeats the idea of making socks out of natural fibres to allow breathing.

      Delete
  6. I don't read many blogs these days but enjoy my online friends :) Regarding scams... I think we can all fall for the very sophisticated ones by my God I see people falling over and over for obvious ones like the "like farming" ones on Facebook. You know, share all your details and win a tiny home etc. I gave up telling them it was a scam. Stupid people do stupid things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have been blocked by the Royal Flying Doctor Service because I commented on one of their posts that if you did the fun quiz you would get bombarded with callers asking for donations. I don't think they liked that and it wasn't even a scam!

      Delete
  7. I don't understand nasty anonymous comments either. Actually there are so many things I don't understand in this world.

    Good on your hubby for talking to a psychologist. I wish mine would.

    ReplyDelete