Saturday, 26 November 2022

Who will win?


Fresca asked "where do you write your blog?"

I might upload photos onto mine on my phone and, if pushed - like yesterday - will write words as well, but normally I sit at my desk on my PC.

Looking around my desk is this view. Yes, it is a mess. It is my craft room full of stuff. Through the window is my front garden and I can see people walk by if I am so inclined.





This is to the right of my PC


and this is to the left. 


To my very right is a window that looks onto the driveway. Not terribly interesting but I do get the morning sun.

Above my desk (looking up) is a cork board but it has all sorts of personal stuff on it and I couldn't be bothered taking a photo and removing all my details. Trust me. It's full of memorabilia and bills.

It was quite warm today. We wandered around to vote at the primary school in the next street. For all the reporting about early voters we expected it to be quiet. Not at all. They had been hammered since the doors opened at 8.00am. 

Both our candidates were at the polling station. The Liberal candidate was going up to people and introducing herself. She is a personable lass. The Labor candidate is well known to many (Paul Mercurio - starred in Strictly Ballroom all those years ago and is the son of Gus Mercurio, a boxer and sporting commentator from many moons ago). Interestingly he seemed very shy and stood under a tree with his minder and didn't speak to anyone. His minder spruiked him up. According to one news outlet we are the most marginal seat in the state.

Regardless of who you follow it will be an interesting night. My only hope is that someone wins outright and doesn't have to form a minority government with the Greens or other minor parties. We are in too much financial/political strife to be held to ransom by people with specific agendas.

Once home I gave all my roses a tip prune, ripped out veges that had gone to seed and ... drum roll please ... harvested my first spud!


 I was giving all the pots and planters a good water and thought I would have a peek. I sprayed the hose into the spud tub and this little fellow tumbled out.

Two games of scrabble and Himself won both. I am still three up for the month but we have 4 days left. Anything could happen.

We always play music when we play scrabble. I have a scrabble playlist on Spotify. Today we listened to Ms Moon's Thanksgiving playlist that she gave us a link to in her Thanksgiving post. Himself stated that the Moons and the Merlots have very similar taste in music!

Time to go and watch some of the election coverage before I have to drown myself in gin.

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that y'all used Hank's playlist to listen to while playing Scrabble! That is so nice to know.
    Congratulations on your new baby potato! More will follow, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be checking the spud nursery later on today.

      Delete
  2. It's exciting to harvest potatoes. I grow a container each year, and get maybe a couple of pounds, from peelings. It feels so clever! Good luck on your election. Let us know how you like the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can grow spuds from peelings? Now that is real magic. I used seed potatoes.

      Delete
  3. It's always so satisfying to eat what you grow yourself. I'm envious that you have a craft room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is meant to be the formal room of the house but we don't do formal!

      Delete
  4. Well I didn’t even stay up to find out. I figured I’d learn soon enough
    Was not the result I expected. But we will see what the future holds.
    At our age we have seen many different politicians come and go and we just get on with our lives and deal with the work as best as we can
    A messy craft room is a productive one. So I wouldn’t fret at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Angela. It was called early (I was watching Netflix!). Hopefully the massive spending will slow down and we can get our debt under control.

      Delete